Taskbar forgeted Up

Author Topic: Taskbar forgeted Up  (Read 660 times)

my heart is loving panicking WHAT IS THIS
windows defender did a quick scan found nothing but full scan found things (its not done but i downloaded a few l33t hack tools that i never used)

i never gave anything admin rights too
if it isn't a virus can someone help me

#WindowsDefenderFTW

Try doing virus scans with MalwareBytes (which is free)

Do this, NOW and do not restart or turn off your computer just yet

no virus is gonna give you an annoying visual glitch. Just restart your computer cause windows 10 gets buggy.

no virus is gonna give you an annoying visual glitch. Just restart your computer cause windows 10 gets buggy.
I remember having issues in the past with computers and when I turned them off (which I shouldn't have) the whole thing broke down and stopped working. It may not be safe to shut it off just yet

i havent restarted yet im going to wait for windows defender to finish

Seems to me a like a simple ClassicShell/Explorer crash which can be caused by many things. If you terminate Explorer and/or ClassicShell in the Task Manager and then restart Explorer (File>Run new task>Type in "explorer" without quotation marks>OK), it should clear the problem easily.

I notice that this stuff commonly happens to me whenever a game takes focus and doesn't close out properly, and Explorer panics a bit.

This will literally never be the result of a virus. No virus is designed to simply bug out your explorer bar. Anybody who thinks that is, frankly, a colossal idiot.

Seems to me a like a simple ClassicShell/Explorer crash which can be caused by many things. If you terminate Explorer and/or ClassicShell in the Task Manager and then restart Explorer (File>Run new task>Type in "explorer" without quotation marks>OK), it should clear the problem easily.
it didn't work for me :(
when i ended explorer the tabs were still there

The only "virus" I know that does visual glitchs is MEMZ, which you have to download and run for it to destroy your PC. Just restart your computer and it should be fine.

it didn't work for me :(
when i ended explorer the tabs were still there
Odd, but very likely this is a ClassicShell glitch given how it interacts with Explorer.

As Steve and plad said, the best option now is to just restart the PC. If it happens again, take care to note exactly what you were doing when it happened; it's possible that opening/closing something may cause this issue.

did you try um
restarting your computer???

welcome to windows 10
our favorite words are "restart your pc"
and "hey cortana"
enjoy your stay

#WindowsDefenderFTW

I paid for malwarebytes premium and it works wonders.  The free one is just as good though.