Banned from GTA Online

Author Topic: Banned from GTA Online  (Read 2115 times)

I wouldn't compare GTA to real life at all

i don't think you get banned for using "hacked in" money that someone else gives you, it happened to me a few years ago back when it was still a bit fresh on ps3 and I thought someone was just reeeeeeaaallllyyy nice for some reason and didn't think anything of it so i spent most of it
they only banned the people that gifted it and you got to keep the stuff you already bought with it but they took the rest of the money away

but they may have changed that since then, are the first two bans relating to the "collecting money" you did i can't really tell

You do
I wouldn't recommend trying it

Cant post a source cuz its kind of a R* forum

I wouldn't compare GTA to real life at all
except  rockstar sells the in game currency so you could make the argument that you were sorta stealing potential profits from them

I use to sell modded gta accounts back in the ps3 days goood money man

I use to sell modded gta accounts back in the ps3 days goood money man

You're part of the problem with online gaming communities.

This is like saying "Oh I didn't know I was on multiplayer when I decided to use my hackscripts in blockland" while you are on someone's loving server.
Blockland doesn't launch you right into someone's server the moment you start it up.

If you accept stolen goods in real life you still go to jail even if you didn't steal them.
uhh no
you return them and the person who stole them goes to jail

I think you people are severely misunderstanding the way that GTA Online works and how hackers get caught.

GTA Online is P2P but connected to a master-server; rather than have servers which players connect to, a player is selected as the host and other players connect to them, and the host/clients all submit data to the master-server for verification/persistance. This is likely for a few reasons:

• Far cheaper to implement and maintain.
  • Both Xbox Live and Playstation Network matchmaking run on the same principle, and since GTAV arrived on those consoles first, the porting effort was likely minimal.
  • Their servers can focus on security/integrity rather than play behaviours.

As with any online multiplayer game, GTA Online makes use of "anti-cheat". While in some cases (like APB) you might have external software such as Punkbuster, Rockstar opted to develop their own secure anticheat specific to GTAO. The way anti-cheats work is essentially verify data which is being transferred between the host (Rockstar's own master-server) and clients (including the client who is technically hosting the world); if a client exceeds/undermines certain variable limits (such as earning too much money in a very limited period of time in the open world) or initiates routines that it shouldn't (such as spawning money bags), that is considered cheating and the master-server initiates routines to "appropriately" punish the player.

A while back, I modded up both my cash and rank; I achieved this by increased the reward modifiers, which at the time were handled by the clients and not verified by the master-server. Because I still had to complete missions, it was considered a "legitimate" transaction. The one time I got banned was WELL after I stopped using the mod tool and I had ended up in a hacker's heist mission; I wasn't stripped off my cash or rank because I hadn't illegitimately earned any during that mission.

Anti-cheat can't determine exactly who is responsible if a hacker is distributing money; it can only determine when players have exceeded the valid limits, and occasionally the master-server might determine that all parties are responsible even if you've done nothing wrong. To be quite honest, if you were to only receive a couple thousand from a hacker, under most circumstances you'll be just fine.

Now of course, Rockstar is going to want to try and outright cut out any illegally obtained cash since there's actually a microtransation system in the game (Shark Cards), but the ethics and real-life legality of modding in-game money is still out for debate, especially when a game lets you have a lot of in-game money really easily with certain missions/activities. Personally, I believe that Rockstar needs to think about finishing with Online, terminating the Shark Cards and produce some more, higher paying Heist missions and CEO activities.

I got perma'd because a hacker froze me and spawned money on me
10/10

Ofcourse I didnt do anything because I like money but c'mon rockstar.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 05:50:46 AM by espio100 »

Why the forget did it take you 3 bans to realize you're dumb for cheating in multiplayer?
You're on like your 14th forum account and still haven't given up.