Author Topic: What is the best video game of all time?  (Read 5137 times)

Star Raiders for the Atari XEGS computer.

and maybe Metroid Zero Mission

stuff story - So did Reach.
bad level design - So did Reach.

I'm talking about 4 compared to 3

horrible vehicle physics - Literally nothing new for Halo.

They are significantly worse. In older halo games you needed speed to kill people with a vehicle. Now you can just loving tap someone with a ghost and they instantly die. Also you could shoot off parts of vehicles in older halo games, in Halo 4 it was massively downgraded.

less weapons - Halo 4 has 26 weapons according to IGN. Halo 3 has 19 according to IGN. Halo Reach has 17 weapons according to IGN. (ignoring flamethrowers and turrets)

Oh I forgot about the Promethean weapons, all of which were terrible

no dual wielding - Dual wielding was an awful feature and complicates weapon balance.

Dual wielding was great, forget off. The weapons were balanced with it because you couldn't use grenades while dual wielding

terrible art design - That is literally subjective.

Yeah no

no flood - Pretty much all flood levels were stuff, ignoring finales.

Still miles ahead of Halo 4's stuff levels. And the flood were far better than Prometheans.

QTEs - like four of them

Four more than any of the other Halos... And four too many

Oh I forgot about the Promethean weapons, all of which were terrible
The Boltshot was good because of it's charged shot, but that was it, then it was nerfed in Halo 5 and now it is actually trash

clearly undertale by toby radiation fox...

Ori and the Blind Forest

this

Seconded by Hyper Light Drifter maybe

The Boltshot was good because of it's charged shot, but that was it, then it was nerfed in Halo 5 and now it is actually trash
god the halo 5 boltshot was weird
it seemed like it was a one or two shot kill for crawlers
and literally a pea shooter for everything else

This thread is Halo Wars: BLF edition

stuff story - So did Reach.
literally f u
reach's plot was so much better than the main series

literally f u
reach's plot was so much better than the main series
i agree
i always was much more interested in reach's, and even Red Vs Blue's universe in comparison to the original halo campaign

in reach I cared about all of the main characters, and seeing them die, especially in order to allow me to save the human race or whatever, killed me
(hence why I am always, 100% of the time, mad about the way kat died)

on the other hand, the only person I ever cared about in the main series was the arbiter, and I'm pretty sure that's because of weird furry reasons rather than anything to do with the actual story

The Boltshot was good because of it's charged shot

Oh sure. But none of the weapons were fun to use really. The boltshot was so pathetic when you shot it single shot wise