Author Topic: What was the best/worst LEGO video game?  (Read 6303 times)

from a gameplay standpoint (in my opinion), the Tt games have been steadily improving since the first entry
You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.

Tt Games have been making changes to the formula to ensure that it doesn't get stale and that the most annoying bits start to go away, but the more of these games that you play, the more you realise how repetitive and boring they truly are. I'm so close to 100%ing all of the bastards, and it's been one of the worst experiences of my entire life.

i only played lego games based from movies like indiana jones or star wars
That's almost all the TT games then.
Only Batman 1/2/3, Marvel Superheroes, and Lego Star Wars 3 aren't directly based on movies.
Batman/Marvel have 'original' storylines (mostly based on specific comic storylines), while Star Wars 3 is based on the Clone Wars TV show.

I don't think TT have done many entirely original stories, and no original settings.

Speaking of Lego Star Wars 3, this might actually be the worst TT game in my opinion. I did say Hobbit was before, but a lot of my disdain for that is being sour over how short and incomplete it is.

SW3 however has more issues with the gameplay.

The hub world is atrocious to explore with numerous seperate rooms which you have to pass through andload the next room (not long), in order to get anywhere.
The hub world is a maze to get through with no map to tell you where things are (such as Minikit room, character unlocker, charactor creator, etc).
The hub world has you travel to different systems in order to do 1 of 2-3 challenges for a gold brick in space, where there's a constant dogfight and reskinned flying animals. It's just an uninteresting nuisance to do.

The game introduces an unusual RTS sort of gamemode which is kind of clunky, and features large maps which are a nuisance to get around.
The RTS mode is a required part of most of the storylines. It's also the majority of the non-main mission content.
The RTS mode is impossible to lose at, unless playing the special timed gamemodes as part of the system conquest feature. At which point it's surprisingly easy to forget up at.
The conquest feature has you visit each of the 9-12 planets then play an RTS game as either Republic or Seperatists in order to claim the planet. Achievements for the game have you conquer all planets for both sides meaning you have to claim all the planets for one side then do all of them for the other, which is a lot of annoying clunky RTS battles that can be surprisingly difficult.

The graphics of the game are quite improved from SW1/2, but the game is still in that era of non-voiced TT games. This is really troublesome given that the game isn't based on a film. Everyone knows the plot of Star Wars, so silent minifigs who just gesture and pratfall isn't an issue as everyone knows the story.
Not everyone has seen the Clone Wars, including me. So having a vague scrolling star wars intro, followed only by some silent minifigs, leaves you completely confused as to what on earth is going on.

I didn't have any fun with LEGO Movie Video Game.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the newer lego games since Lego Star Wars 2. The fad got old and you slowly realize that the gameplay is actually quite terrible

Speaking of Lego Star Wars 3, this might actually be the worst TT game in my opinion. I did say Hobbit was before, but a lot of my disdain for that is being sour over how short and incomplete it is.

SW3 however has more issues with the gameplay.

The hub world is atrocious to explore with numerous seperate rooms which you have to pass through andload the next room (not long), in order to get anywhere.
The hub world is a maze to get through with no map to tell you where things are (such as Minikit room, character unlocker, charactor creator, etc).
The hub world has you travel to different systems in order to do 1 of 2-3 challenges for a gold brick in space, where there's a constant dogfight and reskinned flying animals. It's just an uninteresting nuisance to do.

The game introduces an unusual RTS sort of gamemode which is kind of clunky, and features large maps which are a nuisance to get around.
The RTS mode is a required part of most of the storylines. It's also the majority of the non-main mission content.
The RTS mode is impossible to lose at, unless playing the special timed gamemodes as part of the system conquest feature. At which point it's surprisingly easy to forget up at.
The conquest feature has you visit each of the 9-12 planets then play an RTS game as either Republic or Seperatists in order to claim the planet. Achievements for the game have you conquer all planets for both sides meaning you have to claim all the planets for one side then do all of them for the other, which is a lot of annoying clunky RTS battles that can be surprisingly difficult.

The graphics of the game are quite improved from SW1/2, but the game is still in that era of non-voiced TT games. This is really troublesome given that the game isn't based on a film. Everyone knows the plot of Star Wars, so silent minifigs who just gesture and pratfall isn't an issue as everyone knows the story.
Not everyone has seen the Clone Wars, including me. So having a vague scrolling star wars intro, followed only by some silent minifigs, leaves you completely confused as to what on earth is going on.

All of what you said was just your opinion. That game was loving fun to me. If you want a bad TT Lego Game, try LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues.

All of what you said was just your opinion. That game was loving fun to me. If you want a bad TT Lego Game, try LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues.

But what you said was also all just opinion, because I enjoyed Indiana Jones 2

I'm not saying the game isn't fun. Despite being confused by the story and annoyed by some of the gameplay/ design choices, I still found it fun.

I just think it had a lot of flaws, some of which are subjective.
I can only say that it's the worst TT game I've played. Indiana Jones 2 is one of the few I've not played (others are Pirates, HP 1, and Avengers).

That game was loving fun to me.
All of what you said was just your opinion.

It doesn't help that the Tt Games are all objectively bad, so.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the newer lego games since Lego Star Wars 2. The fad got old and you slowly realize that the gameplay is actually quite terrible
Same.

that rock raiders strategy game was lit. wish i could find the disk

that rock raiders strategy game was lit
First game I learnt to mod, first forums I ever browsed, first tutorials I ever wrote and so forth. It's a pretty important game to me personally.

It doesn't help that the Tt Games are all objectively bad, so.
Again that's a matter of opinion, what you're saying is like saying "Hamburgers taste bad to me, and because they do, anyone who says they are good is wrong,"

Personally like most of the Tt games. My best would have to be Lego Star Wars 2 because I've never played the first one. I'd say the worst one IMO is the Lego movie, just because of how dissapointed I was with it.

Again that's a matter of opinion
No, it's my argument, and if I wasn't eating I'd write nine paragraphs going through why it's fact that they're objectively bad at being games.

If I ever have to do dissertation, mine will be on this very subject of LEGO Games and quality.

Well apparently McJob decides what's good and what's bad.