Author Topic: Windows 10 - Sound JUST SLIGHTLY quieter than normal  (Read 1391 times)

I'm someone who likes to sit at a solid 100% volume all the time, however, I've noticed (both times) that I've switched to Windows 10 from Windows 7, 100% is no longer actually 100%.
I pay extremely close attention to audio and volume is actually pretty important, so I'm noticeably bothered by this. I've googled around and the only issues I've seen people get fixes for is having no audio, or the audio is extremely quiet. That's not my problem, it's just.. slightly quieter than normal. Some things are just as loud as they should be, though, which is odd. I'm thinking Windows 10 has some sort of audio drivers that I don't want but I don't want to go fiddling with that until I know that's the issue.

So, techs of the BLF, does anybody know how I can go about fixing this, or where I can go to find an answer for this?

oh boy yet another person having problems with windows 10

and people wonder why i dislike the OS so much

I assume you've tried it with multiple audio devices? It could just be a different speaker/headphone config

I'm someone who likes to sit at a solid 100% volume all the time
what the forget

every os has problems you wank stain
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 03:13:07 PM by DestroyerOfBlocks »

what the forget
I've kinda grown on with it. Loud noises don't startle me and it helps me when I'm editing audio.

I assume you've tried it with multiple audio devices? It could just be a different speaker/headphone config
The only other thing I have is speakers and I don't really care how loud they are. It'd also be somewhat difficult to test because my speakers at 100% is muuuuch louder and I usually want those quiet. I wouldn't be able to tell if they were affected.

So far, despite just a couple problems here and there getting things set up, I like Windows 10 pretty well.

You should probably download the appropriate software for your headphones (Realtek HD Audio?) and just tell it to permanently raise the volume on those by 10% or so.

I think I fixed it? I reinstalled drivers and noticed that under the Realtek HD Audio Manager, the sound was at 70%. That syncs with the volume mixer though, I think, so that must have reset when I reinstalled? Either way, I turned it up, and it seems to be fixed.

maybe ur going deaf from listening to music at 100%

this is a possibility

Next thing you know he'll say Windows 11 only operates at 50% volume

bruh my sound is at 16

but i also have 5.1 system too

Next thing you know he'll say Windows 11 only operates at 50% volume
I can't hear anything on Windows 12?

People have problems with OS's all the time? And Windows 10 is relatively new??

planr the knight in shining armor takes arm against windows 10, the worst software ever invented