Author Topic: [TECH] Apple announces iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, AirPods and more  (Read 8740 times)

damn this world sure has a large hispanic population
i see some of them at my school

Your school is not a good statistical sample of the entire population of Earth's cell phones.
Just because your school has near entirely IOS doesn't mean the entire planet uses IOS
yea um, obviously? i never said it was.

but there's tons of other stuff to suggest an IOS domination as well. all the cool apps come out on IOS first, and apps on iphone get way more hits than android. not to mention, apple is probably the wealthiest company in the world. every instagram/snapchat/whatever update comes out a few hours earlier on IOS, then android. there's no way 4/5th of people have got an android. even around town it's uncommon, outside of my school.

pretty much everything I can see says it's 80% android
you are almost definitely exaggerating the way it is in your school, for one thing
iphones are only one of many available smartphones, that's pretty much the kind of market share you should expect
i'm not. i'd say 1 out of 10-15 students have a non-IOS phone

so as i said before:
the only way such a wild divide of 20-80 would be possible if it it's including deceptive stats like every phone ever sold or only showing the distribution in east Taiwan or something

Ya no way 80% of the high end smartphone market is populated by Android devices. Technology has advanced enough that all the $40 stuff burner phones now run Android so just looking at raw numbers like that is misleading.

apple is probably the wealthiest company in the world.
did u know apple does more than iphones? also no, they aren't

did u know apple does more than iphones? also no, they aren't
the majority of their incomes is from tablet and phone sales... so uh, i'm not sure what you're getting at? also, i checked. they are 12th richest company in the world, and the richest tech company. faaaaaaar richer than google or microsoft. im not really sure how the fact that 11 oil companies & walmart have more money is relevant.

okay so lemme just ask one thing I didn't know

WHO THE forget THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA

Ya no way 80% of the high end smartphone market is populated by Android devices. Technology has advanced enough that all the $40 stuff burner phones now run Android so just looking at raw numbers like that is misleading.
That number is something called the market share. The market share is the percentage of phones sold that come with a specific OS. For Android, that number is around 80%. If you pick a random phone sold around 2015-2016, there is an 80% chance it's an android. This is not a statistic specific to Tuscon or Polywhirl's high school. This is an overall statistic, which is what matters when you want to say "Everyone has an iphone" or "iphone is dominating android" without any restrictions on location.

If you specifically want statistics for apple in the US, they're at around twice the overall statistic, hovering around 30-35%.

That number is something called the market share. The market share is the percentage of phones sold that come with a specific OS. For Android, that number is around 80%. If you pick a random phone sold around 2015-2016, there is an 80% chance it's an android. This is not a statistic specific to Tuscon or Polywhirl's high school. This is an overall statistic, which is what matters when you want to say "Everyone has an iphone" or "iphone is dominating android" without any restrictions on location.

If you specifically want statistics for apple in the US, they're at around twice the overall statistic, hovering around 30-35%.
I know what it means and your condescending explanation doesn't change that the statistics you posted can be misleading because Apple isn't competing in the $40 barely functional smartphone market.

I know what it means and your condescending explanation
That part wasn't intended for you, that was intended for people who genuinely didn't know what the graphic was representing.

And the statistics I gave out were in response to specific statements made, not the question you're asking, which is a completely different one. You're asking something like "In the demographic that only buys the $700+ range phones, which is the most popular." I don't have statistics for that, unfortunately.

edit: corrected some shoddy grammar
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:43:20 PM by Ipquarx »

i dont know if anyone posted but:

apples stock crashed from 108.16 to 103.13 (and is getting lower and lower)