Aplems Old School TDM - Open For Death!

Author Topic: Aplems Old School TDM - Open For Death!  (Read 1578 times)

Aplems Old School Team Death Match is a recreation of the good ole' fashioned days of Blockland when TDM's didn't consist of 45,000,000 classes and a pointless array of weapons that all do the same thing. No my friends, this is different. In this TDM you are thrown into a winterized industrial compound consisting of storage lots and warehouses. You are armed with nothing more than an Old School Rifle, a Double Barrel, a few pills, 2 lives, and your abilities as a fighter. You will pit it out 16v16 and only one team will be left standing. The inspiration of this build style and weapon choice was from on of Bushido's old ass TDM's he had made that was a winter compound of sorts. Only difference is, this build has more variation. There are also ranks implemented into the game so that there is a second sense of competitiveness.

The server is a dedicated server that will be up for a few days at a time before being restarted manually for stability. There may be weeks where the server will only be up from about 6:00 PST - 23:00 PST. This is for reasons that are known only by me and no you can't have my secret formula.

The build all-in-all consists of about 26,000 bricks, and took a total of 10 - 20 hours to build. There are a-lot of images, so to skip them, go cry. I had some help from a few friends whose names are listed as the end of the gallery. While the main portion of the build was done by me, there are some props and buildings that are included in the map that was done by some other friendly Blocklandions.

Please note that if the server is down, it could be for a number of reasons. Those reasons could be that I am doing server maintenance, my power went out because snow storms, I decided to close the server temporarily, Google Fiber doesn't feel like working, it crashed and for some reason didn't restart automatically, pirates shanghaied my servers and there is no internet on the open sea or the pirates forgot to turn on their hotspot.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:49:28 PM by Aplem »

wow that map's pretty awesome
are you gonna release it later by any chance?

wow that map's pretty awesome
are you gonna release it later by any chance?

Possibly. If it were to have a public release, it will be once a new TDM map is built.

Nice server, played it and i like it

That came out great! Can't wait to play it!

So yesterday was a pretty successful test with the server. However, it is looking like some changes might be being made. Will be posting updates in the future.

So yesterday was a pretty successful test with the server. However, it is looking like some changes might be being made. Will be posting updates in the future.
integrade Kaje's sniper into this somehow. Maybe rotate between old school and kaje's

integrade Kaje's sniper into this somehow. Maybe rotate between old school and kaje's

Actually already working on that. It will probably stay with Kaje's.

I read "Old School Sniper, Double Barrel" and got reminded of Cucumberdude's DM server, good times.

I'm definitely gonna hop on sometime and check it out.