How long do you think Blockland has?

Author Topic: How long do you think Blockland has?  (Read 3496 times)

Truth. And if it was advertised more.
There's almost no excuse not to, either. Blockland is Badspot's main source of income these days and updating it or just handing it over to someone else would bring out not only more sales but bring back in more old players.

Truth. And if it was advertised more.
i was reading through a bunch of badspot's old posts because im bored as forget and at one point he said that advertising didn't do much. for 1 million views on an ad it might get like 100 blockland purchases.

note: this is referencing a message from 2007 so the statistics most likely have changed but you can get an idea of how little ads help

badspot put this in rip blockland thread

aw man i kind of liked cavik, too

note: this is referencing a message from 2007 so the statistics most likely have changed
Very likely it's changed. I can imagine ads wouldn't do much in 2007 because not as many kids would be on the computer regularly compared to today, plus the first smartphones were just coming out then.
Today lots of kids have smartphones and the internet's exploded and thus a lot more kids see ads regularly online.

aw man i kind of liked cavik, too
You don't like him anymore because of this thread..?

You don't like him anymore because of this thread..?
usually people who post these threads get rule 5'd but i'm not sure about this one because it seems more like a discussion topic instead of why blockland isn't good anymore

Every game will die at some point in the future.

realistically, probably as long as the auth server stays running. there'll probably always be at the very least a fringe community that's active because of the kind of game blockland is. and after the auth server goes down people will probably find ways to keep playing anyways, but obvs that'd just be really dedicated people or people who want to come back and play for a little bit

i wonder if there will be any sort of successor to bl after it fades out whenever it does, i somethimes see people making fanmade things like Blockland Classic, but those dont seem to last

I'm still a firm believer that gutting maps for mostly un-used shaders and other never-came-to-fruition-updates was a huge mistake.
Blockland's main selling point was never to 'look modern', and being so has never been a requirement for popularity.  You need look no further than at minecraft's visuals to see that.