Author Topic: serverstatus.block.land update - Two new styles!  (Read 1867 times)

I decided to have a look at the server status site this morning and have done a few updates.

Changes this morning:
  • Made link generator marginally less stuffty looking.
  • Made link generator page easier to understand.
  • Added some error checking in the script that should make the image show a proper error if it can't reach the server list rather than showing a bunch of garbage.
  • Updated the Modern image template to have a little more room for the server name and gamemode name, especially since the gamemode name was frequently getting cut off.

Here is an example of how they look right now.

I'm welcome to some small suggestions since I have the project open right now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:24:09 PM by Pecon »

would be nice if there was a new design for these (with different fonts too) becuase we've had these for a long while now

would be nice if there was a new design for these (with different fonts too) becuase we've had these for a long while now
Adding a new template image takes a lot of time since I have to basically position all the text with trial-and-error coordinate picking. Though I'd probably be up for it if someone made an amazing new background image.

More update:
 - Lowered the list cache time from 4 minutes to 30 seconds. So the images should get up to date more quickly now.
 - Also expanded on the error checking and made it so it'll use old cached data if the list is unreachable for less than 5 minutes. It'll start showing an error if the cached data is more than 5 minutes old and it still can't reach the server list.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:16:39 AM by Pecon »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:52:48 PM by Vitawrap »

Smooth! Can that be colored? (If not, it's a matter of using the original stud image as it is, since it has alpha channel)

If you could color the background or something by your liking

here's some meat
Mind posting these without the text filled in? Also I need the font that is being used.

Thanks to Vitawrap we have two brand new styles!

Possibility of being able to add custom skins/styles/templates?

Possibility of being able to add custom skins/styles/templates?
Not really feasible. I'd have to deal with a bunch of security risks that come from people uploading their own images and then having to host them permanently.

Not really feasible. I'd have to deal with a bunch of security risks that come from people uploading their own images and then having to host them permanently.
I anticipated such issues, worth a shot at least. Keep up the good work!

The small extra bit on the bottom of the new, long one makes me angry.

Looks like a one eyed smiling face and

looks like an angled smiling face with their tongue sticking out.

Looks like a one eyed smiling face and

looks like an angled smiling face with their tongue sticking out.

Unfortunately, the first one is a lock (passworded) and the second one is a plug (dedicated)