Author Topic: would a transparent video ever be possible  (Read 969 times)

like would it ever be possible to render a video that already has a transparent background like an image or gif? i know it's not possible now but do you think that would ever become the norm for chroma-key/greenscreen videos?

transparent gifs exist so i'm not sure why a transparent gif with sound couldn't exist
edit: reminder to self: read and think before posting
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:52:53 AM by Daswiruch »

it would be pretty cool
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:56:22 PM by cooolguy32 »

man we're 3D printing organs im sure we can figure this out at some point

making any type of file is pretty much possible, it's just that you need programs that would support the file. and getting first party programs to have support for your file would be really hard

i feel like it's a possibility that it could be a thing in the future.

if we made a video of some really clean, clear glass would it work ???

if we made a video of some really clean, clear glass would it work ???
oh u

making any type of file is pretty much possible, it's just that you need programs that would support the file. and getting first party programs to have support for your file would be really hard

i feel like it's a possibility that it could be a thing in the future.
this is what im thinking

this is already a thing and has been a thing for a super long time
mostly only possible with higher end editing programs though

I know that after effects can export 'Lossless with Alpha' and other such formats

oh ok that's pretty sick then.
it would be great if this became more optimized like for standard video files such as MP4 and wmv

i almost thought you mean green screen effects but that doesn't count i guess

It exists but it's not in the mp4/HEVC/webm formats because 99.99999% of the time when you want to display a video, you're not desiring to have other videos playing directly underneath it

I remember hearing .mov files support transparency.