Author Topic: quick question about the radeon rx 480 (what i should get?)  (Read 1721 times)

...well, um sorry to tell you, you cant upgrade your graphics card in a all-in-one pc
i mean, you sure? i can open it up just fine and see every part.

i mean, you sure? i can open it up just fine and see every part.
all in ones are just big screens with low power/heat parts in them, they dont have pci-e lanes or slots.

all in ones are just big screens with low power/heat parts in them, they dont have pci-e lanes or slots.
so your telling me im forgeted, with a stuffty pc? my parents wont let me build my own pc most likely.
EDIT: i have another pc, a very old windows xp. Its the size of a average computer box, will i because to save up and buy parts over time and place it inside it?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:09:28 PM by Superbro11 »

so your telling me im forgeted, with a stuffty pc? my parents wont let me build my own pc most likely.
EDIT: i have another pc, a very old windows xp. Its the size of a average computer box, will i because to save up and buy parts over time and place it inside it?
i mean if its really old then you'll have to replace almost everything inside

please tell me youre joking
No?
Its the specified boost clock and he should take advantage of it. Why not use it when its there?

Also the 3rd and 4th gen cpus are almost identical and have little to no difference from eachother. Iirc the biggest change between the 2 generations is the integrated gpu nobody uses.

No?
Its the specified boost clock and he should take advantage of it. Why not use it when its there?
You cant just overclock any cpu (unless you're on AMD or Skylake more recently), and the boost clock comes implemented with the processor out of the box, he already is taking advantage of it (if hes playing intensive games)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:08:23 PM by Willco2 »

the boost clock comes implemented with the processor out of the box
Thats what im saying... he should take advantage of it
he already is taking advantage of it (if hes playing intensive games)
except he doesnt and you need to change it in your bios before it works

Stop talking out of your ass

Also funfact: not every skylake is unlocked
And you can overclock locked cpus, altrough I wouldnt advice it because that overclocks literally everything else too so dont do that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:19:02 PM by espio100 »

Also funfact: not every skylake is unlocked
And you can overclock locked cpus, altrough I wouldnt advice it because that overclocks literally everything else too so dont do that.
Thats what I was implying with the parentheses.
except he doesnt and you need to change it in your bios before it works
On my motherboard it was already enabled out of the box. Maybe OEM boards are different on that, but I'm not gonna assume so.
Stop talking out of your ass
lmao ok

The only way it can be enabled out of the box is if you get a prebuild and the manufacturer decides to do so.

Edit: apperently it should be enabled by default
Lol what, I had to manually enable it.
Dumb
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:36:51 PM by espio100 »

Edit: apperently it should be enabled by default
Lol what, I had to manually enable it.
Dumb
you just got mcdunked on kiddo