Poll

Do you want Blockland 2 to be a game?

forget YEAH MAN!
Eh, sure, whatever
Idk, should I?
Nah, I don't.
wut.

Author Topic: Blockland 2 being developed by Anthonyrules144  (Read 22319 times)

oh my god I got quite the laugh from this
buddy barely knows C++
visolator also barely knows C++
hell I bet you don't even know C++
you hired a bunch of scripters and scripters only, no game devs, no game programmers
honestly I'd respect this project more if you had somebody who knows their stuff like McJob or Ipquarx, because honestly even if you make this game without somebody with a reasonable understanding of encryption and or hashing/salting you're dealing with one massive clusterforget
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:48:17 AM by Metario »

oh my god I got quite the laugh from this
buddy barely knows C++
visolator also barely knows C++
hell I bet you don't even know C++
you hired a bunch of scripters and scripters only, no game devs, no game programmers
honestly I'd respect this project more if you had somebody who knows their stuff like McJob or Ipquarx, because honestly even if you make this game without somebody with a reasonable understanding of encryption and or hashing/salting you're dealing with one massive clusterforget
oops I repeated game dev twice
my point stands. if you can't make a gamemode even loving worth it's salt (dodgeball and bumper karts lol) in literally the easiest language ever what makes you think you all the sudden know C++ and can beat out kompressor at programming a game engine he basically helped develop
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:48:03 AM by Metario »

and as usual the stufffest begins

as ip and many others have said, you probably should reconsider your current approach rather than diving in head first to the bunch of stuff you need to implement to get the game working. t3d may work but its suboptimal given that there's many better options out there. hell it might even be best to write your own engine, since what blockland needs in terms of engine functionality is very unlike any other game out there.

not gonna say that i know whats best though. just from the few things i've picked up from talking to people like ip and zeblote, and also the college courses i've been taking that your current approach doesn't seem sustainable or ideal in the long run.

I mean if you gave (a ton of) royalties to Badspot, maybe

so many things wrong with this lol

and as usual the stufffest begins

as ip and many others have said, you probably should reconsider your current approach rather than diving in head first to the bunch of stuff you need to implement to get the game working. t3d may work but its suboptimal given that there's many better options out there. hell it might even be best to write your own engine, since what blockland needs in terms of engine functionality is very unlike any other game out there.

not gonna say that i know whats best though. just from the few things i've picked up from talking to people like ip and zeblote, and also the college courses i've been taking that your current approach doesn't seem sustainable or ideal in the long run.
?
it started 2 pages ago except with me I'm just giving my informed opinion. 10$ says badspot's already looked at this topic and laughed his ass off into space about the misconceptions of programming you all show and or game development

Didn't it take Badspot a few years to get the game into retail?
It's known that Blocklanders are far from being able to manage projects past a few months. Anybody who has attempted large weapon packs or build project has been known to follow true to that statement like it's the rule of thumb.

pff blockland 2, we're already working on blockland 3 over here!

bet ya a million bucks this isn't going to happen

why
im not comfortable with my friends working with scumbags. people who know Anthony well know not to work with Anthony

slightly unrelated. but blockland remade on the unreal engine would be god damn sick.

you'd think people would learn after the billionth time someone tries to make any kind of blockland sequel
this thread is essentially identical to every other attempt
lol

WTF WHO MODELED THIS LOL
he looks like he's doing the chub and tuck