Author Topic: Old School Weaponset Modified v6  (Read 15799 times)

wern't the t+t ones unfinished and stuff tho
ik the quake type one was because it was op af and it wasn't disabled at first

The only t+t I looked into extensively was the melee packs and they contain a lot of unused models, most of which seem to be earlier versions of used models. The second melee pack has 3 unused fully coded scripts, only missing a few graphics for kill ci and item icons. I just saw them as the packs being rushed/unfinished, not as secrets. Maybe one could say they are secrets, considering you would need to have to dig into the files to find out, though I dont think they were intentional secrets. I'd consider them to be unused content alike fallout new vegas' mass of unused content.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:09:03 AM by Crispy_ »

these colors are a great step forward. and great work on the icons. I never commented on the original thread so props to khain on these delicious models. I did not like his color choices but it seems here the pack is perfected. :)

Woah! Update outta nowhere!

I've uploaded v3.

- Optimised the colorful weapons pref stuff. This also removes the potential for me erroring and making the colorful weapons' stats different by mistake.

- Organised the internal files a bit. Models and their textures are in a models folder, icons and kill icons are in an icons folder, and sounds are in a sounds folder.

- Removed two sounds that were not being used anywhere. Shouldn't be too much of a loss, they were brick movement sounds already used by the game.

- Tweaked colors a bit.

- Tweaked some kill icons.

- Added akimbo grenade launchers, because I felt it would be a very nice weapon and fit well in the game. Especially if you have an akimbo rocket launcher add-on. (can be found in rtb archives, though it has errors)

- Did something risky and directly edited the longbow arrow model using notepad++. Now the blue arrow and light brown arrow are in the same directory, and they use different textures, and I can continue being lazy and putting off learning to model!

- Projectiles have ui names now. This should let you use them in events, though they might yell at the console like the weapons do with bots.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:46:35 AM by Crispy_ »

What tf is the blue item planter

What tf is the blue item planter
Spy kit, which on use will consume the item, change your datablock to a special datablock made for it and grants you the ability to go invisible when crouching.
The datablock thing seems a bit... Unnecessary.

Spy kit, which on use will consume the item, change your datablock to a special datablock made for it and grants you the ability to go invisible when crouching.
The datablock thing seems a bit... Unnecessary.

I agree. I did try to remove the datablock in favor of setting a varible to the player before I released v2, but it seems to keep some playertypes permanently invisible for some reason (tested with spongebob's minifig colors edit) so I reverted my changes. I'll have to look into it more, or restrict the item's usage to only playertypes that use the default blockhead model.

oh god
; ^ )

Alright I've released another update, making this one v4. (i always go up full numbers instead of decimals so i dont have to worry myself with version names)

- Added an item icon to the spy kit.

- Tweaked a few kill icons.

- Added a unique kill icon for the longbow's arrows.

- Edited every item icon to fix the background circles so they wouldn't be recolored.

- Edited spy kit scripts to not use a datablock. The cloak playertype has been removed as a result. Now any playertype that keeps the default playermodel will be able to cloak.
If a horse or any other playertype that uses a different model were to try to use the spy kit, they would be denied usage. If you want any playertype to use this, set $Pref::Server::OldSchoolWeapons::UnlimitedSpyKit to True, this will force any non-blockhead model player into one of the default playertypes by checking if the original playertype they were had a jet, had a limited jet, or had no jet.
Even if you dont set the pref to true, some playertypes can still look weird with this. I found this playertype called "skelebro" and it seems to mount shapes to the player instead of using a custom playermodel. As a result, its ribcage will remain visible even if it is cloaking.

- Removed unused sound files. I wanted to try adding the unused swinging sound to the baseball bat but decided it might have sounded weird.

The add-on should be perfected enough to not require an update for quite some time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:14:47 PM by Crispy_ »

Tranquilizers Akimbo Would be cool.
Also i might make a spy kit model, Though i am Very new to the whole Model Making thing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:42:01 AM by Bloo Kirby the 2nd »

Tranquilizers Akimbo Would be cool.
The tranquilizer is meant to be a sniping weapon, and in my opinion making an akimbo version of it would just feel weird. I might do this and lock it behind a pref maybe.

The tranquilizer is meant to be a sniping weapon, and in my opinion making an akimbo version of it would just feel weird. I might do this and lock it behind a pref maybe.
I'll be honest with you, I just loving love Silenced Supressed guns.

Also for some reason, this mod just stopped working. When i select it in the Add-Ons thing, the weapons just don't appear in the item select thingy.

Don't know what could have happened. Try sending me the console log and/or redownloading the addon.

Don't know what could have happened. Try sending me the console log and/or redownloading the addon.
The thing is that happened after I updated the addon, it was working fine before.