Author Topic: Sony Vegas 14 announced  (Read 2874 times)

it's whatever the last program costed + $200 on top just for the latest version

well at least with monthly stuff you always have the latest iteration
Both of these I know. Again though,

Would you rather, buy a program and have it be the end of that? Or, would you want to download a program, and have to pay monthly fees for pretty much forever until you unsubscribe?

In general, the price @ the method the company wants to charge for it is pretty well justified. With a monthly fee, after a few months, you'd reach the Software's value. But here's the catch, you still continue to pay for it forever, and if you cancel it, then rip you don't get to use it at all

Sure upgrades and such without an extra cost is nice, but the indefinite monthly pay, isn't
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:23:09 PM by Insert Name Here² »

Again though,

depends on the situation
if the program was just $20/m (and if it was worth it) i'd take that because i'd always have the latest version
if the program was like $60/m or $100/m forget that i'll take my business somewhere else thanks
if it's some one time fee of $100 or so with free upgrades to the latest version then yes
but if it was some stuff like this where it's $600(?) intially with $200 on top just for the latest version (like bug fixes you should've fixed that in the last verison forgetin cunts) hell no
In general, the price @ the method the company wants to charge for it is pretty well justified. With a monthly fee, after a few months, you'd reach the Software's value. But here's the catch, you still continue to pay for it forever, and if you cancel it, then rip you don't get to use it at all

Sure upgrades and such without an extra cost is nice, but the indefinite monthly pay, isn't
this is where theoretical hell comes in to play
what if you never get any jobs and don't make any money after buying the program
you never return any and you're out of whatever you spent

FL Studios is a 99$ investment and turns back thousands of dollars in profit.
Sony Vegas is a 200$ investment and turns back a hundred or two from editing oddjobs.

I would never invest in an editing software even if i was stuck in the desert and an old man was offering me water for video edits

I'm just gonna say that FL Studio is a very basic DAW, and that no one outside small artists really use it. Industry standards are Pro Tools and Logic, which both cost above $500 I beleive. You're trying to compare a consumer product to an industry product.

depends on the situation
if the program was just $20/m (and if it was worth it) i'd take that because i'd always have the latest version
if the program was like $60/m or $100/m forget that i'll take my business somewhere else thanks
if it's some one time fee of $100 or so with free upgrades to the latest version then yes
but if it was some stuff like this where it's $600(?) intially with $200 on top just for the latest version (like bug fixes you should've fixed that in the last verison forgetin cunts) hell no
I understand what you're getting at here, it does sound kinda funny, lmao.
this is where theoretical hell comes in to play
what if you never get any jobs and don't make any money after buying the program
you never return any and you're out of whatever you spent
I do agree with this too, good point on this

you guys are acting like sony vegas is a $200 ytp creator smh

case closed it's a "real deal" program and those will always cost a lot because people who do these kinds of things for a living will make enough income to buy the product and be able to pay it off using what they made in it
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:32:05 PM by eboyblue10 »

you guys are acting like sony vegas is a $200 ytp creator smh

case closed it's a "real deal" program and those will always cost a lot because people who do these kinds of things for a living will make enough income to buy the product and be able to pay it off using what they made in it

and if you don't want to pay and hate the FBI then

im pretty sure this counts as rule 3 even if its trying to be vauge

at that case $200 is loving great imo

[i mg]http://puu.sh/rlO1K/f2e2a02d93.jpg[/img]

at that case $200 is loving great imo

again, 200 is just the upgrade price if you own the previous version

better than 600

better than 600
YOU WILL STILL PAY 600 FOR 14 IF YOU DON'T HAVE 13
why the forget does nobody get this
$600 is the price for the software
the only event in which you pay $200 is if you own the previous one
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:21:04 AM by Daswiruch »

i'll just stick with shotcut

my pockets are full of lint not cash

Sony Vegas is not some little kids first editing software. It's professional-grade editing software. It's costly because it's professional software. It's the same reason recent versions of Photoshop are so expensive. That is all.

YOU WILL STILL PAY 600 FOR 14 IF YOU DON'T HAVE 13
why the forget does nobody get this
Dude I already know this tf chill

Plus I know that quite a few people will either be getting or already have Pro 13 so they can get 14

that's still pretty cheap if you still have 13 then

i clearly understand it's an upgrade