jitank is back

Author Topic: jitank is back  (Read 50075 times)

Source?
Speculation? Anti-white rhetoric has existed for a long time.

Source?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party

Every time there is a movement or group wanting for large societal change, there are those radicals who dwell well outside the boundary of what the group really wants. There were people in the Civil Rights Movement who wants to use violence to achieve their means, but fortunately that didn't take off.

because white nationalism is bad but black nationalism is good!

Badspot

• Administrator
Pew Research showed that 40% of white people and around 2/3 of black people in the US support BLM.

I'm honestly surprised that number is so low.  Asking someone if they support BLM is basically a thinly veiled threat - give the right answer or be labeled a tribal.  Conflating extremists with the group they claim to represent - feminists did the same stuff.

I'm not against police or prison reform.  If you search through my liked youtube videos I'm sure you'll find some from LEAP (law enforcement against prohibition), whose primary focus is reforming drug policy.  What I am against is the concept of cultural marxism - dividing everyone up into oppressors and oppressed.  I'm against defining yourself as a victim simply because of your skin color.  I'm against attempts to redefine words to muddy the waters of communication - stuff like "racism = prejudice + power" which also conveniently defines "power" as being white, so black people are never tribal even when they're setting a reporter on fire because he's white.  Don't even try to pull that "bad eggs" argument on that one, the prejudice+power gambit is main stream. 

I'm also against hypocrisy.  When people say stuff like "all white people are tribal" it makes my blood boil - not because I'm white and they're insulting me, but because they don't understand the irony of the statement.  As usual the Simpsons did it 20+ years ago.

Quote from: The Simpsons
    Lisa: Dad, you can't judge a place you've never been to.
    Bart: Yeah, that's what people do in Russia.

sucks that the media is full of super liberal people

like at least put in some bits of reason and tolerance and ability to reconcile differences and make concessions.

but no that's too much to ask for obviously

I'm honestly surprised that number is so low.  Asking someone if they support BLM is basically a thinly veiled threat - give the right answer or be labeled a tribal.  Conflating extremists with the group they claim to represent - feminists did the same stuff.
There are so many young people who align perfectly with the group and self-identify as members - who are also completely non-violent students. I'd also imagine that Pew Research administered their survey in a setting where respondents weren't being coerced to give a certain answer, because that would ruin their data, wouldn't it?

What I am against is the concept of cultural marxism - dividing everyone up into oppressors and oppressed.  I'm against defining yourself as a victim simply because of your skin color.
I talk a lot about systems of victimization on here, but the power of an individual is a lot different than a group. If you victimize yourself as a person, you are missing out on so many opportunities that you could have taken advantage of with more persistence. With enough effort, it is possible for almost every individual in a historically oppressed group to achieve many of their goals. Individual lives have way more variance than large groups of people.

But at the same time, it's important to understand that when you look at large groups, there are systems of oppression in place. People who don't look at these systems are the same people that cite black crime statistics and say, "Well, it's because they're blacks!" instead of looking at all the history that forms a completely coherent explanation for why statistics exist as they do. It doesn't mean to understand oppression because you want to self-victimize, but to understand how things actually work in our country.

stuff like "racism = prejudice + power" which also conveniently defines "power" as being white, so black people are never tribal even when they're setting a reporter on fire because he's white.
I've known for a long time that redefining racism as 'prejudice + power' is a way for people to switch the definition so that oppressed groups cannot be accused of racism. Frankly, I think it's bullstuff, because although racism is more damaging when perpetrated by a group in power, it's not alright just because a black person is doing it. The ultimate problem here is the pattern of thought. So we're pretty much on common ground about that.

Don't even try to pull that "bad eggs" argument on that one, the prejudice+power gambit is main stream.
It's pretty popular in the more gung-ho activist circles, but I'd say there's even more overlap with the people who want to segregate activist meetings and college residence halls by race, which is totally ridiculous. It's definitely not a perfect movement by any means, although no movement is. 

To be honest, riots are basically whole communities acting like toddlers, destroying stuff and screwing with everyone just because something hurt their feelings
Okay, you really don't have to belittle a group of people feelings. I'm sure you wouldn't like someone to do the same for you. Look into the content of what Seventh is saying. At least he can say it in a much more intelligent and comprehensible way than I could.

*basically my point*

if you can't say what you want to say yourself then you should probably leave it to other people

Okay, you really don't have to belittle a group of people feelings. I'm sure you wouldn't like someone to do the same for you. Look into the content of what Seventh is saying. At least he can say it in a much more intelligent and comprehensible way than I could.
Lol

At least he can say it in a much more intelligent and comprehensible way than I could.
*basically my point*
if you pretty much rely on other people to prove your argument for you (protip: you do and have done it several times in the past) then you just need to stop arguing until you can correctly lay out your thoughts

Okay, you really don't have to belittle a group of people feelings.

Does it make you cry or something

Does it make you cry or something
No but it's rude and disrespectful.

if you pretty much rely on other people to prove your argument for you (protip: you do and have done it several times in the past) then you just need to stop arguing until you can correctly lay out your thoughts
Its not that I cant argue my points, it that I come off heavily opinionated. Honestly, let's be real; y'all don't like me so most anything I say is thrown away or twisted around.