Author Topic: A more indepth tutorial.  (Read 1964 times)

Just seems like a good idea.  That way people can figure out most of the controls rather than the basic ones.

The black represents the existing tutorial. The brow squares represent the "doors". the red represent the areas that should be added.
Wrench: can't leave untill you make a light, weapons spawn, or a emitter
Sound: teaches you about sound circles(AKA this).
Events: must use events to....whatever will be the easiest thing to make in the new events.(door behind will close so you can't event your way out)
Cars:spawn a car. go around obsticals. arrive at destination. win.
Printer: print a "print brick" with anything.
Paint:paint a brick. too easy
Guns:shoot three targets in order. door opens.
Talk/admin: you can't leave the room untill you say something. anything. the walls will be lined with various /slash commands, and how2speak. then you must ban an imaginary person (shows it in f2) Then you can f8 outside.

this would be the best.

How about a de-noobing tutorial and the current tutorial.

I would rather see new features and patches than to see a more in depth tutorial.  Is the current one not sufficient enough for the current concepts; that's if the single player and documentation isn't enough of a tutorial.

Unless V9 comes with some really difficult concepts, I don't think a new/updated tutorial is really necessary than the current tutorial provided.

I would rather see new features and patches than to see a more in depth tutorial.  Is the current one not sufficient enough for the current concepts; that's if the single player and documentation isn't enough of a tutorial.

Unless V9 comes with some really difficult concepts, I don't think a new/updated tutorial is really necessary than the current tutorial provided.

I still get people asking why they can't print a 2x6x5