Author Topic: Minecraft Modpack Server: Arcanum Industria  (Read 2379 times)

Juncoph is currently hosting a dedicated server at:
ABOUT:

Juncoph and myself are hosting a custom modpack server on the Technic launcher.

This modpack is focused around bringing magic based mods, mainly Thaumcraft and Mystcraft, together with industrial mods such as Project Red or Thermal expansion. Full mod list below

To get the modpack, use technics built in search function
()

to search for the modpack.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:57:22 AM by SteveJenkins »

From the mod list i can deduce that if Proffessor Flaxbeard's steam power is added, this will be my favorite modpack. Also, install fastcraft if you have not already, it reduces ram usage.

From the mod list i can deduce that if Proffessor Flaxbeard's steam power is added, this will be my favorite modpack.
we have enough power mods, also quit talking like a neckbeard

May have accidently forgeted the server over, I blame Mystcraft.

so yeah we might remove that because its caused a ton of lag and crashed the serv

From the mod list i can deduce that if Proffessor Flaxbeard's steam power is added, this will be my favorite modpack. Also, install fastcraft if you have not already, it reduces ram usage.

we put on fastcraft but as Maxwell said the modpack has enough for energy generation: project red, bigreactors, thermal expansion ect
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:53:07 AM by SteveJenkins »

Bump post because the server is back online, little changelog before I rest a little:

Mystcraft is removed, was causing too many issues. Fastcraft caused some rendering issues so we removed that immediately after adding it, sorry crita.

We've added Treecapitator

this should be the last forgetery with the mod list unless something breaks or something is in high demand

You guys should join, the people here are nice and the mods are pretty great.

Also, forget tainted swarms.

a corrupt inventory was crashing the server, and it forced me to back up everyone's inventory saves and manually restore them to everyone. he's been compensated, and i think i've gotten everyone fixed, but if you've been on the server before and you join as a newspawn (note: you will still have thaumcraft and bauble related gear not tied to your regular vanilla inventory) then just contact me.

I hate having burnt in lava with 7 diamonds. Seriously.

If you guys are still taking mod requests, AM2 and Mekanism would probably add to both the magic and tech side of things.

Ars Magica 2 adds spell crafting, a bunch of mobs, and even a few bosses. There is world-gen involved with the mod, but most of it are plants needed to craft things in the mod that can be obtained easily in a new chunk on the surface. The spellcrafting isn't OP I think, and players are limited to a certain "mana cap" until they level their mage abilities up and increase it. It also adds a new GUI element to track your mana, spell burnout (a feature of the mod), and your mage level, in case that matters. It shouldn't get in the way of anything already there, though.

Mekanism's forum topic has a better explanation than I could possibly provide, so I'd recommend checking it out, and it even has a wiki if you're more interested.

I think these mods would make it more fun to play if people took the time to get into them, but i can understand if you don't add them. Anyways, thanks to you guys for hosting this. I'm having fun regardless.

I cannot remember who, but someone did request Magic Bees.
I don't know if it adds new hives, but I don't think it does.
NEI-Addons would also be a good addition to the client, and WAILA Harvestability too.
But don't forget Ender IO.

Sent them to juncoph and he'll add them when possible if he decides its suitable for the modpack, the server is currently down right now however.

guess he had to shut off his pc, however usually it's dedicated

server crashed and im not home

this is why i need an autorestart script

when i get home i'll update the server and modpack

this is why i need an autorestart script
Code: (Windows.batch) [Select]
while :
do
    java -jar ./StartServer.jar
done
Pretty sure it'd work.
Edit: Assuming the server fully crashes and just doesn't hang.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:41:20 PM by Pah1023 »

Just in case if anyone didn't know, the server is back up and with the updated mod pack.
The update consisted of adding Ender IO, WAILA Harvestability, Ars Magicka 2, Mekanism, Magical Bees, Chisel, and possibly a few other I missed.

A couple more mod suggestions were thrown around, so I thought I'd compile them here at least.
maids maids maids maids maids maids maids maids maids maids
I suggested Thaumic Tinker, which adds a bunch of great functionality to all the stuff thaumcraft already does and adds even more features and endgame goals like a custom enchanting table that uses vis instead of experience, a wand focus and stuff for teleporting across the world, and other cool things.

The 1.7.10 downloads are here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/thaumic-tinkerer/files?filter-game-version=2020709689:4449&filter-status=1

Inaba suggested BetterStorage, and the explanation and detailed information on its page is far more useful than any little comment I could make up here.

Finally from my memory, Maxwell suggested (I think) Balkon's WeaponMod which adds neat stuff like axes and throwing spears, and even muskets, but again most of the detail is on the page so I suggest you check it out.

Thank you guys for hosting this server, by the way. It really is my favorite modpack at the moment and I'm really enjoying my time here.