Author Topic: fix for the Brickgroup Wand  (Read 2477 times)

The brickgroup wand utilizes all of the duplocators datablocks. it also utilizes some other things from the duplorcator that i'm not sure how to replace. and nobody uses the duplorcator for obvious reasons

like i tried replacing all of the datablocks with their own. It works but whenever you select something, it glows. and the glow doesnt go away.

So can someone with some knowledge on scripting fix theirself and polish it up?

The brickgroup wand utilizes all of the duplocators datablocks. it also utilizes some other things from the duplorcator that i'm not sure how to replace. and nobody uses the duplorcator for obvious reasons

like i tried replacing all of the datablocks with their own. It works but whenever you select something, it glows. and the glow doesnt go away.

So can someone with some knowledge on scripting fix theirself and polish it up?
sure though i dont know what you want me to fix myself for

lol i mean fix it theirself. i was typing this on my phone

Why not add a /setBrickgroup command to new dup instead?

Do it! What are you waiting for?!

But then again, a separate wand for ownershipping is good too.

heck yeah why not that'd be even better

alright zeblote got it ty based zeblote

I was planning to do this as well at some point

How would I add it properly?

Yeah that was a mistake for relying on an existing datablock.

How would I add it properly?

I don't know. If you're fine with it freezing the server on a large selection, just add a /setBrickgroup command to the end of scripts/server/commands.cs that does it. You can see how to iterate the selection from other commands.

If you don't want it to freeze the server, you have to create a new duplimode for it (to keep the player from doing something else while the thing runs) and properly handle transitions from and to the other modes (it's basically a stuffty state machine)

alright zeblote got it ty based zeblote

I never said I wanted to do that :v
New dup has grown so much from the original plan that it's a nightmare to add new stuff. Probably should re-write the thing again...

I do understand a little bit about the modes but I am unsure if I should wait or I should add it to the duplicator

noone did anything
let me rephrase then.

so whats going to happen then

I do understand a little bit about the modes but I am unsure if I should wait or I should add it to the duplicator

Wait for who?