Author Topic: The Best Fallout And Why  (Read 1747 times)

this means spoilers

In my opinion, my favorite Fallout game is Fallout ; New Vegas. From my steam review I say little, to nothing, But I believe its because there is nothing that needs to be said. I'll begin with the fact its different. Its very un-traditional because of the fact that it involves a post-apocalyptic mailman. Compared to the other games, you start off in a vault, or being involved within a vault (Excluding BoS and Tactics, but I really don't consider those Fallout games for a complicated reason). Secondly, my other reason its my favorite is because it has a more RPG feel to it, it has the classic feel of that your decisions matter. As I saw when I was playing Dead Money, the way you treat your companions matters because it determines if they are friends or enemies. my example is that I told Dean Domino I was going to break his legs if he didn't stay there and do what I told him had an effect on an outcome of Dead Money because you had to kill him or persuade him in the end. Third, and lastly, is the main story. As I said in my last few sentences, your decisions matter. Being that you massacre every NCR troop in Camp Searchlight just because you wanna makes it so you can't really do quests involving the NCR as an ally. I chose Caesar's Legion on my first playthrough so I learnt this the hard way. Those are basically my reasons for why I think Fallout ; New Vegas is the best Fallout.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 12:12:36 AM by Drew Skube »

fallout 4 for gunplay
fallout 3 for actually making fallout what it is today
fallout nv for storytelling

Fallout 2 for getting me into the series
Fallout 3 for getting me into the modding scene (and for FPS?)
Fallout 4 just because I can't skip out (personally didn't like it all that much, felt a little short)

Never played NV but I want to :(

I wouldn't compare 1/2 with 3/NV/4 because they play totally differently, so you'd be better off finding the best in each of those categories rather than the entire franchise as a whole

New Vegas had the best RPG mechanics, Fallout 4 has considerably great shooter/FPS/sandbox mechanics. Fallout 3 didn't age well, but I preferred the city setting to the following games.

I liked fallout NV's NPC interactions and chat system
But I like everything else about #4
If they could've combined the 2 it would have been an amazing af game.

Never played NV but I want to :(

I honestly suggest and support this game 100%. If you have the time and the money its worth a full playthrough.

I wouldn't compare 1/2 with 3/NV/4 because they play totally differently, so you'd be better off finding the best in each of those categories rather than the entire franchise as a whole

Yeah, I can justify that, but I felt that since they included older characters and stuff it felt a little more like a old esque fallout.

But I like everything else about #4

I really like Fallout 4 for the fact that you can mix and match armor and gun parts, I found that cool.

id consider NV to be the superior experience overall

too bad it has no postgame

the older games are worth checking out too if you dont mind SRPG style combat

Honestly if a story like New Vegas could be put on the Fallout 4 engine, it would be great.

I was disappointed in how generic and bland FO4's story was.

I was disappointed in how generic and bland FO4's story was.

yeah, it left a sour taste in my mouth when I finished it.

New Vegas had the best RPG mechanics, Fallout 4 has considerably great shooter/FPS/sandbox mechanics. Fallout 3 didn't age well, but I preferred the city setting to the following games.
all of this

New Vegas has to be among the best. In the relatively short amount of time they had to develop it, they did a pretty damn good job.

Fallout 4 is my favourite because I play games to have fun, not so I can read a book. That may seem a bit backwards considering Fallout is a series known for its story, but in that way I can't say I've ever really enjoyed the other Fallout games much. It just so happens that Fallout 4 has just about the best example of the kind of gameplay I wanted from a Fallout game and, by that measure, it is my favourite out of all of the Fallout games (which I have played, by the way)

It's a tie between New Vegas and Fallout 2 for me. They're both amazing games and I've had a blast with them.