The Best Fallout And Why

Author Topic: The Best Fallout And Why  (Read 1765 times)

Here's the series story wise.

Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas.

Fallout 3 (spin off)

Fallout 4 (spin off 2)

Seems like there is a trend with Bethesda Fallout sequels, they aren't actually tied with the previous games nor story.

Also both fallout 3 and 4 have unkillable essential NPCs which is funny because New Vegas has none besides children.

So Fallout 4 is a step back when it comes to story telling. The immersion is broken as soon as an NPC is unkillable for no reason other than "oh the story!"

Fallout 4 couldn't design alternate sub routes for stories when NPCs died so they thought it was easier to just not let them die.

Also both fallout 3 and 4 have unkillable essential NPCs which is funny because New Vegas has none besides children.
Well no, New Vegas has Victor and Yes Man, but it's definitely a lot better in that regard. Yes Man can be killed but he just respawns after.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're talking about the base game. Because old world blues, for example, has quite a few essential NPCs...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:10:30 PM by Ipquarx »

The Bethesda Fallouts, as well as Elder Scrolls games for that matter, have LOTS of things to do, but not many ways to do them.

fallout 1 and 2 were amazing. the stories was great, although the sidequests were probably the best part. the characters were great, very memorable. the dialogue is probably the best i've seen in a game. it's clever and actually hilarious at times. both games were dark and gritty but never took themselves too seriously. new vegas did the same thing, but ofc you also had the good graphics and first/third person perspective. one gripe everyone has with new vegas is all the forgetin bugs.

fallout 3 was just awful though. i wouldn't even call it a fallout game. i'd go into why but i'd type up a storm. as for fallout 4, i can't say. haven't played it much.

As I'm making yet another character in Fallout 4, I look through this thread and wonder if anyone will mention Tactics. Or dare I say it, Brotherhood of Steel.

I actually quite liked Tactics. In another thread about Fallout, I said that I played Tactics before the two first Fallouts, and unfortunately couldn't get into them because of how much I couldn't stand their interfaces and a few other things compared to Tactics. Although I will say, Tactics severely lacks on any character development or choices to make. If I can get those two to work on my computer when I get back home, I'll try them again and hopefully I will enjoy playing them.

Well no, New Vegas has Victor and Yes Man, but it's definitely a lot better in that regard. Yes Man can be killed but he just respawns after.

EDIT: I'm assuming you're talking about the base game. Because old world blues, for example, has quite a few essential NPCs...

You can still technically kill yesman and they explain why he comes back.

Which makes more sense than some guy going unconscious for 2 seconds.

yes man and victor are both computer programs that can be reproduced on any securitron owned by mr house so they don't count

Oh yeah and FO4's story was super sucky
and preston can eat a richard

Just set up your work benches in areas where NPCs can't get to and he can't bother you about settlements. XD

i honestly thought fallout 4 was the best i've played. i only played 3, new vegas, and 4. i never really could get into 3 or new vegas for some reason.

In regards of putting New Vegas onto the Fallout 4 engine, I would love to see the world that Fallout 1 and 2 painted with more dimension. I'd love to see how it'd look with more up-to-date graphics, Bethesda-wise. But I suppose they're already working on, uhh, Skyrim. Anyway, I'd like to think that objectively, Fallout New Vegas is the best, at least as I see it, as it is essentially Fallout 3 with a brush up on the game's mechanics, although I think in terms of the environment, its predecessor did better making more interesting locations and such. I never really got to play much of 4 however so I can't really vouch for it.

Oh Cavik, there you are, another settlement needs your help

fallout 4 is my favorite

i played fallout new vegas and forgot to autosave so when i died an hour later i started from the beginning

i played fallout 3 and there was a random encounter with a weak deathclaw so i killed it and got a deathclaw glove and basically beat the early game

i played fallout 4 its ok