Blockland Classic Mod | * Trailer updated *

Poll

Are you going to make maps and interiors?

Yes
6 (54.5%)
No
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Blockland Classic Mod | * Trailer updated *  (Read 18316 times)

looking at it actually makes me feel like its actually v0002, it has that same feel
this shall be called Blockland v0003

The first release was called Blockland 0003. But it was confused for many people so the mod was named Blockland Alpha Mod. Then in version 4 it was named Blockland Classic Mod.

I mean this download vs. this download.
Yes, they are the same.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:05:04 AM by Antares »

Manto Island has been released!

Welcome to the island of Manto. It's also called a lost island. Strange things happened here, there is still a lot that we don't know about this island. It's time for adventure, go out there and be careful for yourself! The night version of this map will follow very soon.

Doradus Galaxy has been updated!

Welcome to the Doradus galaxy! A mysterious galaxy far away from the milky way at the edge of the universe. The map is full of easter-eggs, undiscovered worlds and adventure! In 2218, the Blockhead civilization abandoned Earth because of the dying sun and moved on to planet Terra. This is where their new home begins.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:23:54 PM by Antares »

While your games have little players (as far as I know, I'm very new compared to everyone else,) you keep updating them good! Wow!

You deserve props just for that.

Anyone thinking of hosting a server?

Good thing I saved all the maps I made.

This stuff doesn't use my key right? I don't trust you people.

You double-posted in a editable subforum again.

Also, this game is free, you doofus. How's it going to use your key?

It's a mod of Blockland Vanilla, the one were keys weren't even a thing.

Anyway, I think you should show us your maps if they aren't too personalized. It could be pretty cool.

You double-posted in a editable subforum again.

Also, this game is free, you doofus. How's it going to use your key?

It's a mod of Blockland Vanilla, the one were keys weren't even a thing.

Anyway, I think you should show us your maps if they aren't too personalized. It could be pretty cool.
I have been working for ages on this maps. Since I had to quit my study and find work, a lot of time was lost to continue any progress on the maps or the game development. Check out the maps section on Peekarica, it's in the official post. It's all the maps I have right now or working on.

Good thing I saved all the maps I made.
The Add-On system works the same as Blockland version 8 did. The .mis, .ter, mission lighting file and map image goes into missions folder, the terrain textures into the terrains folder (make a sub folder for your own terrain and water textures), make a new folder in skies... or whatever, download one of my maps and see how they were zipped.

And no, this game is not using a key system. This is a heavily modified Blockland Vanilla. Some pretty awesome stuff is still missing like vehicle spawn or better weapons. I am making a far better add-on system in V9, which will be easy to execute add-ons like weapons, vehicles or other things.

While your games have little players (as far as I know, I'm very new compared to everyone else,) you keep updating them good! Wow!

You deserve props just for that.

Anyone thinking of hosting a server?

Peekarica was more like a test game to try out Torque Game Engine for the first time. Version 12 is ready, but it is rusting away on my desktop right now. After I cranked up my skills in Torque Game Engine, Blockland Classic Mod popped out of it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:44:44 PM by Antares »

Im downloading this when V9 comes out. This is exciting.

Im downloading this when V9 comes out. This is exciting.
There is not much difference between both versions. Version 8 is stable, version 9 gives the finishing touches that was not done in version 8 but had to be. After version 9, the game will be updated each year around August like Blockland Retail did each time years ago.

Oh yeah, I just ported Viano City to Blockland Classic Mod.

I have been working for ages on this maps. Since I had to quit my study and find work, a lot of time was lost to continue any progress on the maps or the game development. Check out the maps section on Peekarica, it's in the official post. It's all the maps I have right now or working on.

I was talking to Lord Tony. He said he had saved some maps which are probably compatible with v20 and thus this mod.

The grand ol' Viano City is back. It's still a mess with drugs and crime on this island!

Welcome back to Viano City, a map that was made by Antares back in December 2011. Viano is a crime and drug island that has become a mess years ago. Blockheads are not feeling safe, drive-by shootings have become a daily routine and drugs is sold for millions of dollars. The new mayor promises that he will change Viano City.

lol I tried using a crossover application for Windows to Mac apps and I couldn't play this because of the main.cs file. Anyway to make this work?

lol I tried using a crossover application for Windows to Mac apps and I couldn't play this because of the main.cs file. Anyway to make this work?
Use Wine Emulator for Mac, that should work.

We should make a server and have us all play on it.

EDIT: Doradus Universe does not work properly. Probably because it has no .ter file with it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:57:12 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

OK, I really like this, but I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around this development.

There's two projects with corresponding boards: Peekarica and Blockland Classic.

Are they different or the same? If they're the same they shouldn't have separate boards and downloads.