Fasting

Poll

Have you ever not eaten for a full 24 hours?

Tried but didn't do it.
4 (5.5%)
Tried and did it.
10 (13.7%)
Did without meaning to.
19 (26%)
Didn't try and haven't done it.
40 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author Topic: Fasting  (Read 4047 times)

I once went through a day with only breakfast. I had no opportunity to eat lunch or dinner throughout the day because of school and boyscouts, and my stomach was really loving hurting by the time I finally got to an Arby's at 9:30 PM. Then it hurt even more after I scarfed down a large meal.

It loving sucked, do not recommend, 0/10

I mean I've accidentally skipped lunch and dinner if that counts

did you go to a football game or some stuff? christ
No I was boned all day

I'm pretty sure you can go more than 3 weeks though. I guess you wood have to load up before you fast.
if you eat yourself the sky's the limit

if you eat yourself the sky's the limit
fun fact if you starve yourself to death your body actually does try to consume its own muscles

fun fact if you starve yourself to death your body actually does try to consume its own muscles
That's actually part of how some people die fasting, the malnutrition doesn't get them, but their body eventually cannibalizes enough of the muscle in their heart that it fails on them.  I have high doubts that I'll ever fast for long enough for something like that to be of concern though.

Having succeeded with my one day fast, it's my intention to at some point in the reasonably near future fast for three days (apparently many experience a two day hump that I hope to overcome).  I'm also going to see about not speaking/communicating for an entire day, and facing a few of my fears head on.  Because why not.  If/when I go about these ordeals, I'll let you guys know, maybe.

Unintentionally fasted for most of the day today by not eating breakfast and sitting in a library and working on halloweenfest