computer wont start?

Author Topic: computer wont start?  (Read 291 times)

yesterday i was browsing the forums and my computer suddenly crashed. i couldn't click on anything, let alone move the mouse, and the computer was overall unresponsive. the music i was listening to loop back over and over. no error message, this went on for a few minutes before i decided to hard shutdown the computer, then i just decided i go to bed and try it in the morning.

and the computer still doesn't work in the morning. when i hold the power button to turn it on, i hear the fan begin and all the normal stuff going off but they stop prematurely and my fan only runs. i let the fan go for a few minutes until i decided to cut the power.

btw: its an all-in-one (piece-of-stuff) pavillion hp with windows 10, thats all i remember of it.

whats happening, forums?

have you tried turning it off and on again

check inside the pc and see if anything blew up

My first guess would be GPU issues but all-in-ones don't usually have dedicated cards. Since there was no POST code I suspect the CPU was damaged, likely from overheating. Your best bet would be to send it in for repairs.

EDIT: Or it could be something much worse like a blown capacitor or dead motherboard, which might mean you're forgeted.
Sorry this isn't very useful but problems like that could be caused by so many things.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:46:54 PM by Steve5451² »

My first guess would be GPU issues but all-in-ones don't usually have dedicated cards. Since there was no POST code I suspect the CPU was damaged, likely from overheating. Your best bet would be to send it in for repairs.

EDIT: Or it could be something much worse like a blown capacitor or dead motherboard, which might mean you're forgeted.
Sorry this isn't very useful but problems like that could be caused by so many things.
ty, looks like im forgeted. whoops. i got it from here