A moniter i got has a built in VGA cable with missing prongs

Author Topic: A moniter i got has a built in VGA cable with missing prongs  (Read 2027 times)

what should i do, its getting no signal from my desktop to the monitor, is there any way to fix this or do i need to get a new monitor?

Just swap out the head of the vga cable with another, even the most basic of soldering skill along with organisation should do the job.

im pretty sure you could swap it out but idk how much work that'd be and how much skill you'd have

Actually could you take a picture of the back of the monitor?
(Note: you spelt monitor wrong in your title.)

im pretty sure you could swap it out but idk how much work that'd be and how much skill you'd have

Um...
thats strange its as if the part of the cable in the monitor is loose...
I wonder if that means that its not a soldered cable and just a cable locked behind a metal shield...

Try pulling off the shield or disassembling the monitor, and take more pictures from there.

pay someone to fix it
Try pulling off the shield or disassembling the monitor, and take more pictures from there.
there are some people who you should tell to disassemble an electronic device
th3coolst3r, however, is not one of them

lol why are you using your friends crappy square monitor. just invest in a halfway decent one. even a super-affordable one from like 2010 would look better than that

lol why are you using your friends crappy square monitor. just invest in a halfway decent one. even a super-affordable one from like 2010 would look better than that
He's probably using it because he can't buy one himself, lmao

use your head

If you can and know how, you could get a 2nd vga cable, cut both the monitor's one in half and the extra cable, and try to splice them together (if you can / know how)

even a tv screen

there are some people who you should tell to disassemble an electronic device
th3coolst3r, however, is not one of them

He'd probably end up throwing it out the window lol

no i got it from a friend

Hmm, you could try to remove the case from it and see how the VGA port is attached to the rest of the monitor.

Do that and report back with results and pictures.