how the forget am i supposed to write in MLA format?

Author Topic: how the forget am i supposed to write in MLA format?  (Read 5228 times)

MLA mostly has to do with how works cited is formatted. If you're writing an brown townysis of a play (?) then that's subjective and you're not going to have works to cite

most teachers want some "external sources" to deepen your understanding and "improve" the argument

moreover, they'll probably want him to cite the book

the assignment says to type it but then it has a text box??

when they say 'typed' but have text boxes like that they mean they want you to write in an unrealistically perfect generic font and sizing. ik because i argued with my english teachers over stuff like this all the time. one time i was basically told i was guaranteed points off because my handwriting is hopelessly atrocious - unless i write all-caps architecture style which obviously would not have been acceptable - so i did this

type your essay, cut it out with safety scissors, glue it on (glue sticks only)

If I were you I wouldn't use that paper and just type up my own in correct MLA format. The teacher can't take points off if the format is correct.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:39:54 AM by Ravencroft· »

most teachers want some "external sources" to deepen your understanding and "improve" the argument
If this is a requirement then it should be listed in the prompt.
Every paper I've had to do that required sources would specify a minimum number of sources, otherwise it's just "cite them correctly if you do use them"

moreover, they'll probably want him to cite the book
It's a play, not a book. But fair point

Tbh though the only correct answer is
Ask your teacher.

Here's an example of a university-level MLA paper. (Written by yours truly)
I got an A on the paper and only got a half-point deducted somewhere on my MLA formatting, so if you follow the format it should be fine

http://leopard.hosting/download.php?f=izsxs