Author Topic: How cheap is stuff in america (20 CHICKEN NUGGETS FOR $5!?)  (Read 5754 times)

NYC is overpriced as forget tho

The only place I remember going to and spending an insane amount of money is NYC. I usually had my parents pay when I went to other places so I don't have track of the costs.

stop using "quids" espio.

The only place I remember going to and spending an insane amount of money is NYC. I usually had my parents pay when I went to other places so I don't have track of the costs.
well yea because merchants in NYC can get away with pricing things highly because of
A.) high AS forget municipal tax/permit fees (IIRC it's like 200k to get a permit for a hot dog stand for 1 year)
B.) tourists that might not have a great concept of the value of US currency
C.) people in the tristate area are rich as forget but apathetic, so they'll bitch about things being expensive but they wont actually boycott any of it.

Oh trust me, I perfectly know the value of US currency. But some of those prices don't vary much. For example, cabs are $2.50 initial fare in Miami, NYC, Newark, and Isla Morada as far as I know and that's around $45 Ars which is a regular meal here.

I'm going to wager this is because people in Argentina tend to make less money if the World Bank's stats on GDP per capita are to be trusted. In 2013, the GDP per capita of the United States was 53,041.98 USD. For Argentina, this figure is 14,715.18 USD.

The average American is making over 3 times as much money as the average Argentino per year. The costs of living are naturally going to be higher. That being said, things are still overpriced, but I would expect Argentina to be much cheaper because people overall earn less.

Depends on the items. Autoparts, phones and other informatics are severely overpriced up to the point where it's cheaper to go to Uruguay and buy them there and come back but the rest is affordable and vet/agricultural things are cheap.