Author Topic: Any actual advantage over kris style blades?  (Read 2345 times)

Is anyone at all concerned about the fact that a teenager on the internet is asking how effective a potential murder weapon is? Is it just me and I'm going crazy? Someone please help me

Some people are just interested in weapons. If someone was asking what turbocharger would make his car the fastest you probably wouldn't assume he's an illegal street racer

path is just used to dat ghetto crime

path is just used to dat ghetto crime
i live on the median between a really stuffty neighborhood and a somewhat okay neighborhood. Here you actually need a weapon to keep yourself alive. The only threat op probably faces on a daily basis is the mail being delivered to his doorstep.

Some people are just interested in weapons. If someone was asking what turbocharger would make his car the fastest you probably wouldn't assume he's an illegal street racer
yeah but if the form and function of a car was to kill people, not transport them, I'd still be just as concerned if op asked "which engine makes me drive faster"

What can a knife possibly be used for in this case? He wouldn't be using a curvy blade for his own loving survival, since it's clearly made to cause a certain type of wound. He wouldn't be using it to cut a bush down or carve woodblock because that's loving stupid. What else could he be asking for when he says "hey which blade is more effective?" It's obvious he's looking for lethality over goddamn aesthetic

Maybe he's a professional knife thrower?

Maybe he bought it because it looked cool and wanted to know the reasoning behind it's shape

yeah but if the form and function of a car was to kill people, not transport them, I'd still be just as concerned if op asked "which engine makes me drive faster"

Well car accidents kill way more people than knives so

What can a knife possibly be used for in this case? He wouldn't be using a curvy blade for his own loving survival, since it's clearly made to cause a certain type of wound. He wouldn't be using it to cut a bush down or carve woodblock because that's loving stupid. What else could he be asking for when he says "hey which blade is more effective?" It's obvious he's looking for lethality over goddamn aesthetic

I think you're maybe exaggerating? He's not asking for the best method to commit a premeditated murder, he's asking why the weapon was designed in the way it was.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:29:50 PM by Rally »

If someone was asking what turbocharger would make his car the fastest you probably wouldn't assume he's an illegal street racer
Well car accidents kill way more people than knives so

when the boost kicks in but u didn't expect 30psi

perry I think he's just a knife enthusiast

[img ]http://i.imgur.com/bKsCDHF.gif[/img]
proof there's no replacement for displacement

when your mom gets the report card before you get home

Ah yes, when someone asks for information it's surely because they intend on putting it to direct use.

It couldn't possibly be simple curiosity, nor putting it to other uses, such as writing, art, or anything else.

wavy blades leave much rougher, jagged wounds than normal ones and are supposed to end the fight quicker

as told by the balinese

tbh though it just looks prettier

the undulating blade design has many debatable claims, but the most agreed upon one is that it was fashionable in the renaissance

there's not much purpose on a dagger, but it allegedly improved parrying with swords and increased chopping power with flammenschwerts that had to riposte pikes and halberds