2D game engine that uses C++?

Author Topic: 2D game engine that uses C++?  (Read 3352 times)

Hey forums. Africa is going well. I've been here for three months now and have another nine till I leave.

I've kinda been missing game design so I'd like to make a terraria style game using C++.
Terraria uses C# on Microsoft's XNA engine.
Anyone have any good suggestions? Previously I used Allegro which was great but way too slow.

Microsoft's XNA engine is pretty good.

You cannot be that loving stupid. He even said in the OP that XNA is in C#.

@OP, unfortunately I haven't had enough experience with 2D engines to recommend any personally, but this reddit post has a couple good ideas buried in the comments:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/20mgt7/c_game_engines/

You cannot be that loving stupid. He even said in the OP that XNA is in C#.

gee, was that sarcastic?

gee, was that sarcastic?
Are you just looking to get banned, or are you incapable of making decent conversation? OP didn't want stupid sarcasm, he wanted a loving decent reply as he has a genuine interest in the subject.

Are you just looking to get banned, or are you incapable of making decent conversation? OP didn't want stupid sarcasm, he wanted a loving decent reply as he has a genuine interest in the subject.

Why don't you calm down? You always get so worked up over things like this.

Why don't you calm down? You always get so worked up over things like this.
No. There just happens to be a correlation between whenever I see something completely stupid and whenever you post. See if you can work it out.

Terraria uses C# on Microsoft's XNA engine.

could you literally not be bothered to read a 4 line OP? you don't need to suggest it since you can assume he's well aware of XNA

could you literally not be bothered to read a 4 line OP? you don't need to suggest it since you can assume he's well aware of XNA

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:23:26 AM by Willymcmilly »

Doesn't Cocos2D use C++? I might be wrong though.

Willymcmilly, instead of making childish and handicapped one liners, why don't you try either talking like a normal loving human being or logging off permanently.

Willymcmilly, instead of making childish and handicapped one liners, why don't you try either talking like a normal loving human being or logging off permanently.

Will do, partner.

ive become quite javascript savvy playing with rpg maker lol

i know love engine was written in c++ but it uses lua for scripting.