Author Topic: Am getting good computer, are these parts decent?  (Read 790 times)

I wanna get a new computer but I also want to know if the parts I picked work well together.
I'm not looking at getting anything better than I have already unless it's cheaper or reasonably close in price.

can get a cheaper 600-650w psu if you wanted to save some.
even if you eventually got a second video card it would be enough.

also dosnt skylake mobos need to be a z170 to pair with the (k) cpu for overclocking?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 01:05:50 AM by Bisjac »

can get a cheaper 600-650w psu if you wanted to save some.
even if you eventually got a second video card it would be enough.

also dosnt skylake mobos need to be a z170 to pair with the (k) cpu for overclocking?
Yes, it does.
There are some models of motherboards that allow the bclk to be overclocked (unintentionally) but that won't do stuff for performance.
So change your motherboard for a Z170 if you plan to overclock.

yeah its pretty swell my man but you really dont need a 850 watt, a 600 watt one will do J U S T F I N E but if you wanna be extra bourgeoisie get a 650w, will last you Y E A R S my fam

It's OK, but as others have said you should get a Z170 motherboard if you want to overclock and a lower-power PSU (like a Corsair RM550x or EVGA G2 550). IMO you'd also be better off if you changed the liquid cooler to a high-end air cooler like a Noctua D15 or Cryorig R1 since they're about as good as the H100 and quieter. You should also get faster RAM since it helps with minimum framerates, 2800 or 3000MHz should be good.

just for reference.
my comp is a 6700k, 16gigarams, GTX1080.
all heavily overclocked.

500w (gold) psu no problem lol