"Environmental Racism."

Author Topic: "Environmental Racism."  (Read 1078 times)

Why call it environmental racism, I get it means placing minorities and low income families in dangerous/disgusting places but seriously, enviromental racism?

Now edgelords like this kid;Are going to ignore the definition and make stuffty jokes.

In this case the definition is useless, you can argue
Well the definition says

Until you're blue in the damn face, but here's the thing, in this context
all she said was

"The death toll in Haiti from Hurricane Matthew is 339. That's what environmental racism looks like. #BlackLivesMatter"

Nothing along the lines of 'its because they're poor, because they're black, because society'
this tweet really only means from the way it is written.

'The Hurricane is tribal'

No Edge (except for my stuff humour)
Just facts.

Definitions mean nothing more than the actual definition,
have you heard of Connotative definitions?

If I went out and called someone a hard head, that doesn't mean that I believe they have a literal hard head.
Just because The definition says, doesn't mean the context is irrelevant.

I can't believe I was this stupid.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:12:39 PM by Master Matthew² »

Poplar trees are superior to birch

If this woman is literally serious and literal in what she is saying,
Where the forget did Humanity go wrong

i havent watched the video but im 99% sure she's saying that the way minorities are disproportionately evacuated and supported is tribal, not the hurricane itself...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:14:54 PM by McZealot »

i havent watched the video but im 99% sure she's saying that the way minority are disproportionately evacuated and supported is tribal, not the hurricane itself...

I wouldn't doubt someone actually believing a hurricane is tribal though.

remember loveist air conditioning?

Why was I this loving handicapped?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:13:01 PM by Master Matthew² »

Well the definition says

all she said was

"The death toll in Haiti from Hurricane Matthew is 339. That's what environmental racism looks like. #BlackLivesMatter"

Nothing along the lines of 'its because they're poor, because they're black, because society'

Just facts.

If I went out and called someone a hard head, that doesn't mean that I believe they have a literal hard head.
but she didn't say the hurricane was tribal, she said it was a case of environmental racism.

take this to consideration; Haitians, who live in an underdeveloped country out in the ocean, don't have the same ability to get out in a boat or drive somewhere safer.
Meanwhile someone in Florida can and those who don't most likely already have somewhere safe to hide, like the basement.

The fact we didn't do anything to help them could be seen as racism. I think it's stuff luck but that's my opinion.

yeah, now stop trying to be funny.

stop

that is the same thing. people on the internet taking everything at face value because they are idiots. the person who wrote that was not saying that the HVAC machines in office buildings are literally loveist. they were saying that the men in management set the thermostat to temperatures comfortable for themselves, i.e. men, without taking into consideration the fact that women's bodies are generally more comfortable at different temperatures
I'm not sure how true that last thing really is, but if you actually want to argue about it, it would probably be better to argue that men and women, in general, don't feel different at the same temperature. rather than just saying some handicapped joke because you can't be bothered to read more than a clickbait blog post title

If this woman is literally serious and literal in what she is saying,
Where the forget did Humanity go wrong

karl marx

Well the definition says

all she said was

Just facts.

not really relevant, but why are you typing like that? it can't be convenient to be randomly hitting enter all the time, and it just makes your post harder to read

yeah, now stop trying to be funny.

I wasn't kidding...
No seriously, I wasn't

I really wouldn't doubt it at all, not after the extreme bullstuff that has been pulled.

I will fix this, I have to.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:13:20 PM by Master Matthew² »

I wasn't kidding...
No seriously, I wasn't

I really wouldn't doubt it at all, not after the extreme bullstuff that has been pulled.
maybe read this before making a fool out of yourself;
that is the same thing. people on the internet taking everything at face value because they are idiots. the person who wrote that was not saying that the HVAC machines in office buildings are literally loveist. they were saying that the men in management set the thermostat to temperatures comfortable for themselves, i.e. men, without taking into consideration the fact that women's bodies are generally more comfortable at different temperatures
I'm not sure how true that last thing really is, but if you actually want to argue about it, it would probably be better to argue that men and women, in general, don't feel different at the same temperature. rather than just saying some handicapped joke because you can't be bothered to read more than a clickbait blog post title

maybe read this before making a fool out of yourself;

Wow...
I Can't believe I fell for all this...

I need to think on how to fix this...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 03:10:19 PM by Master Matthew² »