Just got contacts but they don't feel quite right...

Author Topic: Just got contacts but they don't feel quite right...  (Read 1168 times)

When I was at the fitting, they went in and felt fine. I took them home, wore them for several hour and was fine. The next day, I got home from work and tried to wear them, but it felt obvious that something was in my eye and there was a every faint burning sensation. So I took them out. Today, same thing.

Both times when I tried to clean them, I kept noticing very small particles of something coming off the contacts (like tiny hairs or something), so I'm thinking I just wasn't cleaning them enough? Idk, is this normal for new contact wearers? I don't want to damage my eyes.

If you're washing them with normal water it drys them out. Gotta use the saline solution they give you.

It may just be that your eyes aren't fully used to having contacts on them. They can be quite bothersome at first, but you get used to them.
At first it feels like there's always stuff caught under them. The way I got past it was to hold the contact in my eye in place and move my eye around to re-orient the contact or to force debris out from under them.

If that doesn't help, applying saline into your eyes like eye drops is a safe bet.

Alright. Yeah, from the brief research I've done I am aware not to use water.

Alright, well I'll keep wearing them, see if I get used to them.

Might just be you need to get used to them, but by any chance they're inside out?

Might just be you need to get used to them, but by any chance they're inside out?
wearing contacts the wrong way is like stabbing knives into your eyes

wearing contacts the wrong way is like stabbing knives into your eyes

Mine have the lazer etching on them so I can tell pretty easily of they're the correct way.

To prevent getting any particles on the contacts make sure to wash your hands thoroughly then dry them with a clean towel. Then blow off the tips of your fingers to get any fiber particles off of them.

Alright.

I've been wearing them for like 7 hours today with an hour break in between. They're doing a lot better today.

Ive had contacts for a year but I never managed to get them in because apperently my eyes are too dry

loving stuff eyes man why you gotta do this to me
Also eye drop dont work

A. you just need to get used to them and B. what mr nobody said, don't wash them with regular water

or you could wear glasses instead of being a chodelord

>Not correcting your eyes via laser surgery

Haha you plebs make me laugh, next you'll say you don't have any nanomachines implants

To prevent getting any particles on the contacts make sure to wash your hands thoroughly then dry them with a clean towel. Then blow off the tips of your fingers to get any fiber particles off of them.
I do that too, and then also wash my fingertips with contact solution before touching the actual contacts.

>Not correcting your eyes via laser surgery

Haha you plebs make me laugh, next you'll say you don't have any nanomachines implants

(just make sure you get the right stuff)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:34:03 PM by phflack »