Author Topic: Blockality weapon pack V3  (Read 38852 times)

Are you suggesting
adding hands?
If any of you are still really skeptical on how you can't rooty-tooty, join CT's server. Not only is it fun but also brings out more of the realism factor.
i'm not= i just find it really strange how most weapon addons do that.
KEEP no hands, it would be horrible with them.

I don't understand what you're getting at. Take a game like Battlefield 2 right, some guys make a mod called Project Reality which alters gameplay and gunplay drastically to the point where its not even Battlefield anymore. But is it a bad thing? Nope. People loved it and there are still servers on it today.

The issue is, you're comparing this pack to every other pack that is purposely focused on the classic Blockland style combat.
no, im comparing this pack to the several amount of weaponry packs that try to put a 'realistic' aspect to blockland combat, but ends up being really bad in the long run.

battlefield 2 is not a sandbox game which relies on community content to keep it going.

no, im comparing this pack to the several amount of weaponry packs that try to put a 'realistic' aspect to blockland combat, but ends up being really bad in the long run.
Please give me one

battlefield 2 is not a sandbox game which relies on community content to keep it going.
this is not relevant

Please give me one
this is not relevant
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=180744.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=107991.0 (this one is subjective. no idea why people like this one but i absolutely hate it)
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261467.0

yes its completely relevant.

battlefield is limited to what battlefield is. then someone of course came along and made 'project reality' which is a new entirely different thing. players like it because its new and it works.

blockland is not limited to its core game by default, you can add whatever you want to make the experience better. a lot of the stuff that comes out is really similar and not new to anyone.

dont take this as me bashing on you for your hard work. you did a nice job. its more of trying to put a stop something thats been done multiple times and just has poor taste for what blockland is
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:16:05 PM by Trogtor »

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=180744.0
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=107991.0 (this one is subjective. no idea why people like this one but i absolutely hate it)
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=261467.0
None of these are as realistic as this one. The classic combat is all there with these packs. You can't jump and do 360 noscopes with these like you can with mentioned packs

those packs include almost all (if not all) of your weapon packs features.

trog it's ok

if the guy wants to disappear up his own ass then let him, he doesnt sound like he would have anything to contribute to arena-type weapons anyway

this is not relevant
hey your the one who made the comparison before, so are you just running out of things to defend rather than actually improve or?
Take a game like Battlefield 2 right, some guys make a mod called Project Reality which alters gameplay and gunplay drastically to the point where its not even Battlefield anymore. But is it a bad thing? Nope. People loved it and there are still servers on it today.
so you compared this mod will do to blockland (apparently) to what project reality did to battlefield 2 but as soon as its pointed out that blockland is far more different from battlefield 2, where blockland is a sandbox game and battlefield 2 is a shooter its suddenly not relevant? lol dude get a grip

here's the thing. blockland has created it's own combat style which does in fact require a lot of skill to not even just master, but get used to. I used to hate it but I've spent the past year and a half mastering it, im not there yet but I'm getting pretty close. i love playing games like randomiser, classic dms, even that gun game that someone hosted a couple months back. all of these things utilise the unique combat style blockland has.

when a weapon pack like this comes out, it's basically a middle finger to anyone who really enjoys blocklands combat, because it's anything except blockland. there's no skill to using these weapons. every pre teen child downloads this with their rock hard passion for games like battlefield and call of duty, they don't even try to realise what blocklands combat has to offer. yeah, it's tough figuring out. honestly that's not an excuse though. there are plenty of people younger than me who can surely kick my ass. basically what I'm saying is, if you want realistic weapons, play a realistic game.
The thing ive noticed though is that a lot of Blockland combat is similar to the combat of that found in games like Unreal tournament or even CS in a way, its just fast paced. You can still be fast paced with these weapons, but not as fast paced.

The basic goal was to just provide a different play style idea, one that forced players to use different guns the way they were intended

Bolt action snipers do insta kill though, DMRs are the only ones that 2 shot to the Body minus the VSS, just for the record.

If tracers is something that you all want, then I will gladly add them.

I will talk with Sheep about maybe Re-doing the models and maybe making them a bit more suited to your guy's needs.

Trust me me and sheep both want this to be a universally accepted weapon pack, so with that being said we will try to cater to your guy's interests.

when a weapon pack like this comes out, it's basically a middle finger to anyone who really enjoys blocklands combat, because it's anything except blockland. there's no skill to using these weapons. every pre teen child downloads this with their rock hard passion for games like battlefield and call of duty, they don't even try to realise what blocklands combat has to offer. yeah, it's tough figuring out. honestly that's not an excuse though. there are plenty of people younger than me who can surely kick my ass. basically what I'm saying is, if you want realistic weapons, play a realistic game.
i mean to be fair it's not like you have to get this
i do agree with your views on how the combat works in blockland and i personally like those kinda weapons more than these but optional things like this aren't gonna ruin it

oh i almost forgot one

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=243643.0

i mean to be fair it's not like you have to get this
i do agree with your views on how the combat works in blockland and i personally like those kinda weapons more than these but optional things like this aren't gonna ruin it
you're right. but i'm the one has to pick between the whopping 5 servers on blockland that are active that only use these weapon packs. see where im getting at?

cool weps, and I'm sure they would fit a specific theme of military shooting servers

but I wouldn't use them myself, too realistic!!

cool weps, and I'm sure they would fit a specific theme of military shooting servers

but I wouldn't use them myself, too realistic!!

This is the problem we are trying to solve... No worries though

None of these are as realistic as this one. The classic combat is all there with these packs. You can't jump and do 360 noscopes with these like you can with mentioned packs

The advanced weapon pack is more well made and "realistic" than this pack objectively. It has a various amount of weapon attachments like never before made. It's a great pack.

This weapon pack isn't really that great, there are plenty of other weapon packs that serve this one's purpose better than it and you already clearly showed you won't listen to criticism.

you already clearly showed you won't listen to criticism.
?
This is the problem we are trying to solve... No worries though
If tracers is something that you all want, then I will gladly add them.
I will talk with Sheep about maybe Re-doing the models and maybe making them a bit more suited to your guy's needs.
Trust me me and sheep both want this to be a universally accepted weapon pack, so with that being said we will try to cater to your guy's interests.

What the hell do you mean I don't take criticism?