Build Optimizer

Author Topic: Build Optimizer  (Read 755 times)

For a while now I've been making a lot of lazy builds that are riddled in detail but I know that that detail doesn't have to be the way it is. A lot of the detail I quickly spammed together with smaller bricks just as a means of getting my ideas down but now comes the painful task that is reducing brick count.

My question is has anyone come up with a script that can group bricks accurately?

I've found these two topics from a while back and while I could never even find one of them the other was browser based and was shut down:

Red_Guy's Topic
        https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=152688.0
        DrenDran's Topic
        https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=151465.0

I know that it can be quite hard to get some everything to detect correctly I was just wondering if anyone had something, because at this point anything is better than nothing.

i think the newdup has a feature that has this

i think the newdup has a feature that has this
while what OP wants doesn't exist atm, newdup does have a fillbricks command that will fill an area with bricks with the most volume to least which more or less results in an optimized brickcount for that filled area of bricks

It can't exactly do that for something that's more than just a box.

this is a problem that cannot be well solved with scripts because its too time consuming to determine the most optimal solution. New dup fillbricks can get an approximation of an efficient solution, but cannot guarantee it to be the optimal.

The new duplicator can do basic boxes like those in the post, but anything else without messing up the build is going to be way too slow. The engine is very old and this will become time consuming for both the engine and the developer of the mod.

I totally should have released this a long time ago.
Cause it's gone forever now.

;c

I totally should have released this a long time ago.
Cause it's gone forever now.

;c

Why? You thought it was useless?