Author Topic: Where's Re/Chan & Blockland Wiki?  (Read 2025 times)

I do support handing over control of the Blockland Wiki over to Pecon. He happens to be one of the more technical and knowledgeable users on these Forums when it comes to manners like these. Of course, I can't force you.

didn't i just explain in like 3-4 posts my intentions of re-opening it when i get the chance i'm not handing it off

like if y'all want to come and help me mod and work on the site to take some stuff off my shoulders then maybe i could re-open it a bit faster

none of you complaining here about how i should hand it off to pecon bothered to assist me when i asked for sysops idk what you guys expected
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 12:38:18 AM by Eon »

didn't i just explain in like 3-4 posts my intentions of re-opening it when i get the chance
But Pecon's offering to re-open it immediately. And if something were to go wrong in that regard, you would still be able to re-open it yourself. Seems like the best option for the community.

didn't i just explain in like 3-4 posts my intentions of re-opening it when i get the chance i'm not handing it off

like if y'all want to come and help me mod and work on the site to take some stuff off my shoulders then maybe i could re-open it a bit faster

none of you complaining here about how i should hand it off to pecon bothered to assist me when i asked for sysops idk what you guys expected

You've started Blockland's first ever non-wikia Wiki, and now you're holding it back because you feel like you have weight.

Seriously, if you can't moderate yourself, there's always the possibility of asking the forums who is the most reliable for administration. Then all you'll have to do is pay for the hosting.

Pecon (who is a she, by the way), an indubitably trustworthy person, is offering you free hosting and you're turning that down because apparently you want to host it yourself. Get the one good wiki up or have someone else do it.

while I dislike pecon for my own reasons, handing it over to her seems like a better idea than just keeping it to yourself and never doing anything with it

jesus on a pogo stick can you stop screaming at eon
he says he's gonna re-open it when he has the time.
be patient or i will slap you

i really wouldn't be scared if a furry with an inflation special interest threatened to slap me

more like mildly amused

jesus on a pogo stick can you stop screaming at eon
he says he's gonna re-open it when he has the time.
yet he could not have to worry about his time or money if he hands it off to pecon, which im pretty sure almost all of us trusts except eon for some reason
edit: jesus christ 5 bajillion more posts were made
i really wouldn't be scared if a furry with an inflation special interest threatened to slap me

more like mildly amused

amused you say ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:38:07 PM by Willco2 »

amused you say ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
zharthon has a slapping special interest confirmed

rechan will be up later tonight
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:56:05 PM by Remurr »

You've started Blockland's first ever non-wikia Wiki, and now you're holding it back because you feel like you have weight.

Seriously, if you can't moderate yourself, there's always the possibility of asking the forums who is the most reliable for administration. Then all you'll have to do is pay for the hosting.

Pecon (who is a she, by the way), an indubitably trustworthy person, is offering you free hosting and you're turning that down because apparently you want to host it yourself. Get the one good wiki up or have someone else do it.
can you forget off
1. i am not holding it back like i feel like i have weight when was this ever implied, i did not have the time or money and none of you cunts wanted to help me, i have explained this in 4 posts already and you continue to ignore it
2. i did and no one wanted to step up to the plate
3. i don't care who they are or what they have done, i do not know them on a personal level so therefore i will not hand it to them, plus it's not her hosting it for free i'd be giving full control with no say in anything to do with it and i'd like to keep it

this is not the first attempt to host a blockland wiki, it's probably like the 6th attempt, they always die out and have no activity
I admined nullable's wiki, which was the most successful one for a little over a year and we essentially had ~5 months of inactivity where i was just cleaning up bot spam and I said forget it theres no point in maintaining this dead wiki anymore

man ceases to host own website; public outcry when man continues rightful ownership of own website

this is not the first attempt to host a blockland wiki, it's probably like the 6th attempt, they always die out and have no activity
I admined nullable's wiki, which was the most successful one for a little over a year and we essentially had ~5 months of inactivity where i was just cleaning up bot spam and I said forget it theres no point in maintaining this dead wiki anymore
the thing is it didn't die from bot spam and in-activity else i wouldn't be getting this much backlash for temporarily closing it
like the thing is i don't have all this spare time to actively moderate it and nobody wanted to help so until i could get that stuff under control i needed to close it
man ceases to host own website; public outcry when man continues rightful ownership of own website
this 100%

the thing is it didn't die from bot spam and in-activity else i wouldn't be getting this much backlash for temporarily closing it
like the thing is i don't have all this spare time to actively moderate it and nobody wanted to help so until i could get that stuff under control i needed to close itthis 100%
Gee, if only someone trustworthy was offering to keep it online regardless of whatever issues you may be facing on your part.

Hey, if he wants to drop the "this is my website, and I care more about being in charge than the service it provides to the community" claim, then he has every right to. He'd look like an starfish, but it's about the only excuse I can think of for not handing the wiki off to someone more suitable. Until then, I think it's fair game to call out the otherwise illogical behavior.