Author Topic: Blockland Glass Hosting Service [Closing]  (Read 56239 times)

a dogfight hosted by glass and it lagged whenever a projectile spawned
That's because glass doesn't design his servers well. He expects the server to run well, but his servers simply exceed the limits of the engine. The hosting provider cannot fix that.

That's because glass doesn't design his servers well. He expects the server to run well, but his servers simply exceed the limits of the engine. The hosting provider cannot fix that.

he's talking about a server hosted by the Glass Hosting Service, not the user 'Glass'.
nevertheless I shall clarify on the "projectile lag issue" which occurred a few months ago:

yes, there was a situation regarding SphericalCube's dogfight server (hosted by the GHS) whereas whenever a weapon was fired, the server would lag for a second or two depending on how many projectiles were fired.

the cause of the lag turned out to be a simple add-on conflict.

Just want to reaffirm that this is still being developed, but mostly in the background currently. My schedule this semester is rather grueling and is already pretty technical, so I've been spending less of my free time programming as that's what I spend all day doing anyway. I'm making some pretty large changes, taking in lessons learned from this first design iteration.  We're still running with 12 clients, which is thankfully enough to subsidize most of Glass's expenses.

Is this still alive. And if so was the projectile lag issue solved? Im looking into buying a server if it was.
There's not a projectile lag issue. There's been previous complaints due to poorly coded add-ons, but as many of our clients will tell you, I've worked diligently to debug their servers and track down the offending add-ons or issues.

I remember there being a dogfight hosted by glass and it lagged whenever a projectile spawned, but ok, I will look into using this. Thanks.
This was due to a handful of terribly made add-ons that would do extensive checks when fired.

The issue is with TT and some vehicle addons. Use adventure pack

The service website and control panel will be down for up to an hour beginning at 5 PM EST. Most of the backend has been rewritten to support multiple payment types and profiles, and it will take some time to ensure that the update has deployed as intended.

Some of you may have noticed that the site got an aesthetic make-over a few days ago too. The design is now consistent with the main Blockland Glass website, which I believe appears much better.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Migration has been completed and everything should be functioning normally. I did as much local testing as possible before deploying the update, however there may be some bugs experienced in the live environment. I'll happily provide compensation for any errors clients may run in to.

The payment system is much cleaner now on our side, allowing for the system to be expanded for different payment options and the full implementation of the token system, including adding credit to an instance. There will be more changes coming in the following weeks, but this was perhaps one of the most critical changes to the service.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:13:17 PM by Scout31 »

So... does this work? I'm checking out the glass hosting page and there's no button for creating an account

So... does this work? I'm checking out the glass hosting page and there's no button for creating an account
https://host.blocklandglass.com/user/register.php

My server has been running for 68 days. I should do something with it eventually.

is there any way to run a gamemode_ add-on file on the server? changing the gamemdoe once in-game doesn't do anything

is there any way to run a gamemode_ add-on file on the server? changing the gamemdoe once in-game doesn't do anything
Code: [Select]
exec("Add-Ons/Gamemode_(whatever)/server.cs");

exec("Add-Ons/Gamemode_(whatever)/server.cs");
or try uhh
changeGameMode("name of gamemode in gamemode.txt or whatever");

or try uhh
changeGameMode("name of gamemode in gamemode.txt or whatever");
i dont think that's a function

the console says it isnt