Red Dead Redemption 2 - Coming Fall 2017 to PS4 and XBOX ONE - Trailer Released

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2 - Coming Fall 2017 to PS4 and XBOX ONE - Trailer Released  (Read 8335 times)

well this is actually disappointing, no PC port as of now and in it says "The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

"brand new online multiplayer experience"

are you loving serious

they couldn't even wait until after they dished out any details about the story to mention their multiplayer, I'm glad there's another Red Dead coming, but something with this one doesn't settle right with me.
whats wrong with a game having multiplayer...?

>no PC
I already don't care

>'game's vast and atmospheric world'
>on inferior consoles

forget you rockstar

I mean there's nothing saying they wont release it later on pc like they did gta v

which kind of sucks that they aren't giving it to pc and console first, but oh well

The fact that it isn't being released on PC first is why I'm angry

whats wrong with a game having multiplayer...?
well it's fine, as long as they have some sort of focus on singleplayer instead of going "Story DLC will happen!" and then never mentioning it ever again.

Just don't like how they're already advertising their online before we even know what the game is about, gives the vibe that this game could be very focused on online more than singleplayer story.

console > pc losers

apples and oranges

good thing i eat both

sorry ill get back to you in a bit im playing some red dead rn

console > pc losers

At this point the only benefit you get to having a console is the exclusives, and even then those come and go. Consoles really don't provide any exclusive features that justify their price. We can get salty all we want over rockstar being stupid as stuff for not considering a PC port but then again the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks and at the end of the day they're the ones losing potential cash for completely ignoring a demographic.

But I guess if getting stuck on a sinking ship because of brand loyalty is your deal then you do you.

fair point but consider this: no

It's gonna be the same stuff as GTAV. Consoles will have their win for like, a couple years, and after that the far superior PC version will come out they'll be crying forever about how they're not getting free online DLC and how Rockstar is "neglecting their customers"

guys calm down im joking

The profit margins are far lower (smaller market + higher development costs due to increased labour), which is partly why PC Game Development is unattractive to the AAA market which wants to make safe bets.

The day that Apple rules the PC-sphere and all PC hardware/software is standardised, then maybe you'd have a point. That's not going to happen, though.

Basically, Rockstar need additional time to make the necessary changes to build the game for PC at a high standard to avoid the same problems they had with the GTA IV port.