looking for a specific type of game...

Author Topic: looking for a specific type of game...  (Read 1054 times)

Does anyone know a game where you start out small and weak, but your enemies start out huge and powerful and can easily crush you? Something like a game that requires territory control, but everyone almost always has so much more until you start snowballing into power.

An example of what I'm talking about could be the creeper games, since you start off with a small bit of space and some resources and are just told to eradicate the creeper from the world. Another example is what XCOM 2 is supposed to feel like, but ultimately doesn't because the AI enemies increase in power alongside your units.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

kind of reminds me of travian if you start late
except you never get strong

pretty sure this kind of game would be fairly rare though and somewhat difficult to make the concept well

edit: ARK is kind of like this
everything stays the same, but you get stronger by smacking dinos over the head and making them yours

That's how I prefer my games so I use mods to achieve that in Fallout and Skyrim.

agar.io   :nes:
This is actually another good example. It does feel nice to be the huge motherforgeter eating everyone after being rammed by them for the last 30 minutes.

agar.io   :nes:
was thinking this
but instead I would recommend diep.io

I'd prefer none of the .io games, I've played most of them to death already.

Rimworld might fit your description. You start out with a few crashed spaceship survivors with limited supplies and you have to build a self-sufficient colony to get you the supplies to build a new spaceship. Once your colony is big enough, you're nearly unstoppable but it stays interesting throughout IMO.

dwarf fortress. start in an evil mountain biome and import your wood.

Mount and Blade: Warband

Any fire emblem game on lunatic mode is good for starting weak and getting crushed easily hundreds of times over, if I'm understanding you right.

XCOM Long War might also fit what you're looking for too. Much better than XCOM 2 IMO.

MonHun tbh.

You start off getting your ass kicked by stuff like Xbone-huge raptorbird things and you end the game fighting stuff like the (monster) devil.

MonHun tbh.

You start off getting your ass kicked by stuff like Xbone-huge raptorbird things and you end the game fighting stuff like the (monster) devil.
I'd love to play literally any of those games but I don't have any consoles.

AI WAR: Fleet Command

AI WAR is a space RTS based off of the fact that the AI is bigger and better than you and will kick your ass. Wanna know why it won't kick your ass at the start of the game? Because they don't care! But they will care when you start taking their key strategic resources. Play alone or team up with your friends, use your wit to win against the AI or get lost in the swarm.