Nintendo Switch Revealed

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Revealed  (Read 22019 times)

How much power can Nintendo fit into such a small semi-portable device? With the graphics on display I fear a return to the N64 era where Legend of Zelda ran at 20fps and Mario 64 ran at 30.

You realize they only made this because the wii-u failed, right?

Thousands nintendo fanboys efended the wii-u lol. I've dealt with a few when the PS4 first came out it didn't have that many games (obviously) then someone is like wii-u has more games than the PS4! Well duh the wii-u was out for over half a loving year.

Now the PS4 has more games than the wii-u so where is his argument now?
Wii U still has more games than PS4 that the PC doesn't already have.

How much power can Nintendo fit into such a small semi-portable device? With the graphics on display I fear a return to the N64 era where Legend of Zelda ran at 20fps and Mario 64 ran at 30.
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

You realize they only made this because the wii-u failed
I just assumed it was because game companies make games every few years

i noticed this in the first look video, i guess this means that there will be a successor to mario 64 on the switch

Don't get your hopes up. This is all just advertising for the Switch. Remember the Zelda game they showed in the Wii U reveal? Completely different wasn't it?

the zelda in the wii u tech demo was twilight princess which eventually released

The N64 ran at low framerates due to its bottlenecked hardware. The Switch will be using a custom Tegra chip for its hardware, in other words probably the best thing they could put into something shaped like a tablet. It is "custom" after all so it can be on par with an X1 or more powerful than X2 we have no idea at this point.
Don't get your hopes up. This is all just advertising for the Switch. Remember the Zelda game they showed in the Wii U reveal? Completely different wasn't it?
The Zelda game shown in 2011 was just a tech demo for the Wii U's hardware and was never meant to be a game in the first place.

i noticed this in the first look video, i guess this means that there will be a successor to mario 64 on the switch

i hope this isn't the style that they're going to use in mario games for the switch, i think it's really ugly.

the zelda in the wii u tech demo was twilight princess which eventually released
Are you sure about that?

can they bring back the old mario formula of beating the 8 koopa kids on the way to bowser?
they were cool characters

can they bring back the old mario formula of beating the 8 koopa kids on the way to bowser?
they were cool characters
That's literally the "new super mario bros" series.

Yoooooo that's loving awesome

i hope this isn't the style that they're going to use in mario games for the switch, i think it's really ugly.
I think the particle effects (bullet bill's fire trail and mario's dust trail) could use some work, but other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

I wouldn't count on any "games" shown in the trailer being anything more than a tech demo

are you serious? it looks forgetin epic

i can only hope it's sm64 2 or... maybe... sms 2?

They're tech demos. Their existence means almost nothing when it comes to future releases.

Remember the GameCube tech demo reel at Space World? How many of those amounted to absolutely nothing?