Author Topic: How does light animation work?  (Read 943 times)

I'm not entirely sure how the animated lights work with their "keys". Can someone explain it to me?

Hello? Anyone? Is this a true mystery?

its forgeted
you put in a sequence of characters ranging from A to Z, Z being the least and A being the most
and then you specify the minimum and maximums that these characters will range from

Code: [Select]
MinBrightness        = 0;
MaxBrightness        = 1;
MinRadius = 0;
MaxRadius = 5;
BrightnessKeys = "AZZAAZZAAZZAAZZA";
RadiusKeys        = "AZZAAZZAAZZAAZZA";

doing something like this will cause a strobe effect
also to keep in mind is that each 'state' will blend into eachother except when wrapping from the end to the beginning, so make sure to end and start your state on the same value otherwise youll get an irritating flicker effect

to change the colors you specify the minimum color and maximum color and then manipulate each state of color with the A-Z

for example look at the nightmare that is rainbow light:
MinColor = "0 0 0";
MaxColor = "1 1 1";
BlueKeys="AABBCCDDEEFFGGHHIIJJKKLLMMNNOOPPQQRRSSTTUUVVWWXXYYZZYYXXWWVVUUTTSSRRQQPPOONNMMLLKKJJIIHHGGFFEEDDCCBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA";
GreenKeys="ZZYYXXWWVVUUTTSSRRQQPPOONNMMLLKKJJIIHHGGFFEEDDCCBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBCCDDEEFFGGHHIIJJKKLLMMNNOOPPQQRRSSTTUUVVWWXXYY";
RedKeys="AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBCCDDEEFFGGHHIIJJKKLLMMNNOOPPQQRRSSTTUUVVWWXXYYZZYYXXWWVVUUTTSSRRQQPPOONNMMLLKKJJIIHHGGFFEEDDCCBB";

also you specify the time of these animations via
ColorTime = seconds;
BrightnessTime = seconds;
RadiusTime = seconds;
OffsetTime = seconds;
RotationTime = seconds;
and then depending how many frames of animation you have each frame is duration of ((1/frames)*time) I think??

i dont even know what exactly rotation and offset animations on lights look like (or half of the other fields) but have fun!

fxLightData fields
https://bldocs.nullable.se/html/class_client_1_1fx_light_data.html
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:23:14 PM by Swollow »