0 (0%)
Happyman/Roflcopter
0 (0%)
Bob/Valkyrie
2 (66.7%)
Armchair/Chair Force
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: BLF Plays Star Control 2! [Sol]  (Read 2715 times)

Guys we still are at the starbase commander. Choose something.

no choose 3 wtf is going on here

Tell him to suck our rooster
Ask him what the forget is going on.

Action "WTF IS GOING ON" chosen.

Expect update soon.

Update!

Look, i don't know who you're or why you are here...
..but right now the only thing i'm worried about is saving the lives of 1900 men and women aboard this starbase...
And right now you are our only hope.
I cant keep the transmitter on for much longer -- we need the power for heat and air.
So if you dont have radioactives on this vessel please bring them back here before it's too late.

We are doing questions so...

The fastest way to get radioactives in this system would be Mercury and scour the surface for radioactive minerals.
But be careful, Mercury is a pretty inhostpitable place! Watch out for those earthquakes and especially those high-temperature areas.

Thanks im going to talk about this with our masters when they come back. Im sure they will reward you.
Hillarious. But we must go to mercury instead of talking about the irony of the fact they dont know we are humans yet.

I kinda like the planetary orbit theme and screen.

Heres a difference from the PC version! Normally the images are text but this is much nicer. The orange octagon is radioactive. (Also, Level 3 earthquakes are actually slightly above average but tolerable. Dont talk about the 165 celcius temperature however. The surface is hell. There is a planet where theres over 1000 celsius weather but the planet has the biggest mineral deposit and its an exotic mineral deposit(The rarest and most expensive).)

The surface is actually pretty tame. I collect some radioactives and then go back to the ship. I also lost 6 crew after this picture. Sad.

This is the only thing he said so im not writing any text.

Its time to choose...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:36:13 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

that mercury sprite would fit venus more imo
but i think the game was made before people knew what mercury looked like

select choice 2

2 agreed

we lost 6 men. replacements must be afforded

Update soon!

He only says that. You can say it again and he gives the same response. starfish. Gonna still give them to him.
We are initiating transfer of radioactives, captain.
Now as soon as the engineers can refit our energy cores..
There that is much better*Scene stops becoming a rave*Power Ratings are climbing, Life Support is going into the green,Deep radar and sensors are now online and i can scan your vessel...

!!? -- WHAT THE HELL KIND OF SHIP IS THAT?
Just who are you captain?

Star Control Science mission, eh?
Captain, I served as a star control officer during the war, aboard several cruisers in the Coreward Front...
...And if there were any scientific missions to Vela...
...I would have heard of it.

>The mission was highly secret.
Hmmm... you know, come to think of it...
..There were some rumors that Corridor Nine, the special operations division of Star Control...
..Was directing some hush-hush operation near Androsynth space.
The Vela star system... yes, that would be the right direction...
..So, Captain... If you say it's true...
..how do you explain that huge, alien starship you're flying...
..and why are you here? What do you want from us?

>We have returned to Earth to give you the technological secrets of the Precursors, and to help you fight the hierarchy.
Ahh... fight the Ur-Quan! Win back our freedom! I renember having such thoughts myself ...once, a long time ago. But that was in the first years after the defeat, when it was still terrifying to look up and see the bloody glow of the pulsating slave shield overhead. Through day and night we gazed up at the impenetrable wall... as though the sheer power of our hatred would pull it down. But over the years, i spent so much of my time struggling... down on the surface under the shield and then later up here, trying to keep this station alive that i'd forgotten what it means to be free... to hate our Ur-Quan Masters! And now, here you are, in an alien ship of unknown power, offering me your assistance to fight against the Hierarchy again, after all these years. Captain, you offer is intriguing. It's tempting to think that with your advanced Precursor technology we can somehow crack Earth's slave shield and reassemble the Alliance to attack the Hierarchy and THIS time win the damn war! But... Consider the consequencees if we should fail. The Ur-Quan won't just punish us here on the station. They will exact a gruesome retribution on the surface bellow as well. Before i commit this station to helping you attack the Ur-Quan and accepting the risk of annihilation if we are defeated... I have to make sure that you and your ship have what it takes to oppose the Hierarchy. I'll make you a deal. If you can eliminate the alien base on the moon, and get rid of that threat, at least... I will seriously consider your offer.
HOLY MERRY MOTHER OF TEXT DUMPS. This is the biggest text in the game. Its only rival is The Words.
If i had used my old method of writing, i would have had to dedicate an entire update just to this text!

>What details can you give us about the base on the moon?

After the Ur-Quan erected the slave shield around Earth, and established this space station they decided to leave a contingent of combat ships close to Earth to keep watch on our planet and confirm that we were obeying the Ur-Quan slave laws. I'm certain they're still out there on the surface of the moon because we can pick up a constant stream of alien broadcasts.

>We shall go now and neutralize the base.

Be careful, Captain. There are probably a dozen Spathi Eluders and Ilwrath Avenger down there on the lunar surface. I dont know why they haven't come after you yet but when they do you'd better have your weapons armed, and your thrusted burning hot.

To the mun!

There are biological signs and an energy sign on this planet... Oh god. Also the moon is more calm than earth. Earth has Level 2 Weather and Earthquakes.

They are just robots. But probably deadly.

Never mind. They do loving nothing.

I could not take a screenshot or write text about the base but basically its:
"This base is useless and these are robots pushing around dirt. We also salvaged the minerals."

>We found the base but it was abandoned years ago.
I'll be darned!
All these years we've been listening to their incoherent broadcasts, and we never even guessed.
Captain, listen closely!
Long range sensors show a ship closing on this station, fast! Our computer identifies it as Ilwrath, Avenger-class. I think you've got a fight on your hands, Captain. Your best bet is to wait until you have point bl-nk r-nge. C-pt-in! It's ja-min- ou- s-gn-l!...

AHHHHHH GET IT OFF MY VIEW SCREEN
By the fetid breath of the dark twin, Kazon! A hu-man in an alien starship... How fascinating! When i intercepted that Ur-Quan Drone, and learned that an unidentified starship had approached Earth, i never expected to find such a remarkable vehicle in the hands of a hu-man. Hu-Mans are prey animals - weak and helpless- but here is a Hu-Man in an armed starship! And therefore in direct violation of the Oath of Fealty. I am sure our masters, the Ur-Quan, will punish earth most severely for this treachery... When i present them with the twisted wreckage of your ship and your many charred corpses.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:23:04 PM by CRITAWAKETS »

To the mun!
<3
also i like how the moon is called "Luna" like it should be

Lets try to be peaceful

Update!

>Peaceful

Ha-ha-ha-ha! You must be either a naive child or a hopeless fool.
In either case, it makes no difference, because soon you will be DEAD!

*Battle!*

Everytime a battle takes place, i take charge and handle the situation. I also show the stats of new ships we have.

AI Skill
Shows how much skill AIs have with this vessel.
My Skill
This is about what you can expect from me playing this vessel.
Ship Effectiveness
This is how good the ship is. A good ship will easily destroy a horrible one.
Precursor Vessel

My Skill:****(Good)
Ship Effectiveness:******(Godly)
This is the strongest ship in the game. Its really versatile because you can put any modules you want on it. You cannot use it in Super Battle so the AI cannot use this ship. If you dont upgrade it however, it is really weak.
Earthling Cruiser

AI Skill:*(Terrible)
My Skill:****(Good)
Ship Effectiveness:****(Good)
The AI with this craft is BAD. Who programmed this AI thinking make it aim away from your ship was a good idea? Anyway, The ship has a Homing Nuclear Missile and Point-Defense Laser. Its really good when used correctly. Also this craft is weak to itself.
Ilwrath Avenger

AI Skill:*****(Exellent)
My Skill:*(Terrible)
Ship Effectiveness:***(Mediocre)
This ship has a flame thrower and cloaking device. The problem is that to make the cloaking device work, you cant see yourself! Also when you have the 3DO versions s'smooth scrolling you can easily find out where the ship is. The flame thrower is pretty bad at its job. Also, the ilwrath we are fighting has no cloaking device and lower crew.

*Battle Start!*

We will pick the cruiser for this.

It already ended? Wow...

What a beautiful sight, Captain! I haven't seen an Avenger blown away like that since the Battle in Draco. I guess you've hown that you can handle yourself in battle, Captain. So my last reservation about helping you has been dissolved. I will commit this station to helping free earth and defeat the Ur-Quan. We may get our atoms rearranged in the process, but by God, Captain, we're going to try! So, the obvious first step is to get your Precursor equipment and soft ware over here so that we can make it work with our ship repair fabricators. But then way, Captain?

>We will slowly build our strength, unify an allied starfleet, and bring the Ur-Quan to their knee-equivalents.

A sensible plan, Captain. Let's get to work. By the way Captain, I think we need a name for this new alliance we're going to forge. And since it was your idea, it's only fair that you get the honor of naming it. So, what will it be?

The new intergalactical whorehouse

The new alliance of free stars.