Poll

What Route would YOU want to See?

Donner Pass
Sherman Hill

Author Topic: Train Sim in BL?  (Read 2337 times)

Ok so I was just thinking, When is there ever going to be someone who will take train mods seriously? Yes, I know I could just simply build tracks and get the train mod, but that is not what I'm talking about! I'm talking about an ACTUAL Train Sim in BL, Actual Routes, Actual Trains, ACTUAL CURVES, but no one ever pays attention because they are too lazy doing Freebuilds or RPing (Not criticizing any Minigame Creators/Modders, You guys are awesome btw), and when ever someone brings up a "Train Game" on BL, it's just some RP or Freebuild object that some noob slapped together in 5 MINUTES. That's why I brought up this topic, so then people who feel the same way can come here and share their kind of idea. So feel free to stop by and share your ideas!

Thanks!
  -Sky

A task like this is very daunting and content creators are far and few in between. I hope someone can help out on this, but it is a difficult task.

Magus can help. But AFAIK he does roller coasters.

Yeah, it does seem like quite the daunting task, but I'm sure we can get around it

I'll have to notify Magus about it then! Thanks you very much!

the thing about what you're requesting is basically a full out mod system that's massive and would require extensive testing and coding to make sure it works relatively bug free. the existing trains mod is pretty bad at being reliable at the moment, and yet what you're requesting is something even more complex than that.

put it simply: unless some dedicated modder who knows how to make bots, bricks, and script really really loves your idea and shares your vision, its not going to happen.

also don't talk down on people who play the game for fun and don't take your idea as seriously as you do. everyone finds a different kind of fun in BL, and none are more or less objectively better than the other.

not sure it can be done with the actual engine
a train vehicle that turn could be made (aka car) but wont work very well on tracks
or you can do like gta v thing, a scripted train prop in what you could sit in it but will auto move
or you can make a fake train that dont move and make all the exterior environment props (projectiles) that move
or you can use your own model to use with uxie train or even the deadly train thing, but it wont turn

You can't make proper trains as an add-on. Especially if you want them to turn smoothly, follow curved rails, chain several wagons, etc...

It could be done as a dll but that seems like a massive waste of time.

the thing about what you're requesting is basically a full out mod system that's massive and would require extensive testing and coding to make sure it works relatively bug free. the existing trains mod is pretty bad at being reliable at the moment, and yet what you're requesting is something even more complex than that.

put it simply: unless some dedicated modder who knows how to make bots, bricks, and script really really loves your idea and shares your vision, its not going to happen.

also don't talk down on people who play the game for fun and don't take your idea as seriously as you do. everyone finds a different kind of fun in BL, and none are more or less objectively better than the other.
I see what you mean, but I'm sure there are people who would like my vision of that kind of genre, and sorry about the whole RP and Freebuild thing, I just take things a little too seriously... Sorry about that...

You can't make proper trains as an add-on. Especially if you want them to turn smoothly, follow curved rails, chain several wagons, etc...

It could be done as a dll but that seems like a massive waste of time.
How can it seem like a massive waste of time? I'm trying to find a new way to innovate BL, and besides, I've always had big ideas, but then people just back out of it saying it's "Totally Good" But then they just go on and say "He's waisting his time", But that doesn't stop me from making my ideas.

It is HIS idea and he can make what HE wants. Have a cookie for good luck.  :cookie:

How can it seem like a massive waste of time? I'm trying to find a new way to innovate BL, and besides, I've always had big ideas, but then people just back out of it saying it's "Totally Good" But then they just go on and say "He's waisting his time", But that doesn't stop me from making my ideas.

It would be a lot of work, and it's not clear whether it can even be done to the level of quality you ask for.

It is HIS idea and he can make what HE wants. Have a cookie for good luck.  :cookie:

He can't, that's why he posted here.

It would be a lot of work, and it's not clear whether it can even be done to the level of quality you ask for.

He can't, that's why he posted here.
Actually I can, so if your going to be negative, then maybe you shouldn't be here

Actually I can, so if your going to be negative, then maybe you shouldn't be here
If you can make it, then why don't you make it instead of posting here asking for someone else to do it?

we're not trying to be negative. both me and zeblote are addon makers in the community and we've worked with torquescript (the scripting engine blockland runs) a lot so we know what's possible/easy to do and what's not. what you're requesting here is something that's probably not possible to make to the level of quality you ask for.

there are /possible/ ways to make it work but it will take a /lot/ of work to perfect and debug.