I take my GED math test next Wednesday

Author Topic: I take my GED math test next Wednesday  (Read 5192 times)

do you know what kinda questions they might ask

like not the exact questions just something similiar

I am homeschooled and have many homeschooled friends, and AFAIK none of them have had to take a GED exam. If you've done the work (I'll have a full transcript and 25 credits, for example) by the time you graduate, most colleges that I've heard don't require a GED. Maybe it's a state thing? I'm in Missouri.

nopewell, no, because they're the same test. like, literally the same. you're not going to take a "home school GED exam", are you? no, because it doesn't exist. the point of a GED is to show that you know enough to function in the real world. that's all it does, and you being home schooled doesn't make it any more meaningfulmaybe you should have home schooled me on it, since I've arbitrarily decided it's more valuable that way to make myself feel betterum... noYour missing the concept. I'm talking about the GED alone, not how likely you are to get a job in general
If the GED is to show that you can function in the real world why is it called "The High-School Equivalency Test"? The reason it is hard for GED recipients to get a job is because a GED is a sign of "I'm to lazy to finish so I will just quit now", However it is most Home Schoolers only way to finish school (Including me), So yes Employers do have to consider if they are home schooled, Because there is literally no other way for them to finish, What do you expect me and other Home Schoolers to do? stay in 12th grade for the rest of our lives? because that is literally what you are saying whether you realize it or not.

I am homeschooled and have many homeschooled friends, and AFAIK none of them have had to take a GED exam. If you've done the work (I'll have a full transcript and 25 credits, for example) by the time you graduate, most colleges that I've heard don't require a GED. Maybe it's a state thing? I'm in Missouri.
Like I said some higher paid Home Schools do offer a full accredited diploma, However those down here cost upwards of $800 a year, and the one I was enrolled in was only $100.

Questions on Geometry, Algebra (Graphing, Functions, ect.) basic stuff like Multiplication, Pretty much anything below collage entry classes.

it's really easy but I question whether you're capable

Questions on Geometry, Algebra (Graphing, Functions, ect.) basic stuff like Multiplication, Pretty much anything below collage entry classes.

nah, none of that. a fifth grader could pass it.

it's really easy but I question whether you're capable

nah, none of that. a fifth grader could pass it.
Well thats literally all the Practice test was, I wasn't saying that's what I learned, The Practice Test was fairly easy plus I doubt a 5th grader is using Formulas and The Pythagorean Theorem.

you're right

the pythagoran theorem is considered basic first-semester freshman level geometry in the US (assuming you don't go to a stuffhole of a school where local ghetto/trash culture has made all of the students unable to learn anything)

still pretty pathetic

i don't think i'd hire anyone with a GED if it's the best they can show me to be honest

Oh yeah, and trick questions, Feeding you information you don't know.

you're right

the pythagoran theorem is considered basic first-semester freshman level geometry in the US

still pretty pathetic

i don't think i'd hire anyone with a GED if it's the best they can show me to be honest
What the forget, I love how no one even read the OP, This is literally my only option, and didnt even care to notice that I'm going to enroll in collage, And the one honest question I answer I get jumped on people saying I dont know the math, When I scored a loving 193 on my practice test, Which is an A!

Plus I highly doubt your even 18 and your trying to tell me the way "The World Works" I have made extremely high grades, And the only thing you can do is jump on anything I say, My Grammar, My Math, What next?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 09:59:10 PM by SuperFlaminninja³ »

Like I said some higher paid Home Schools do offer a full accredited diploma, However those down here cost upwards of $800 a year, and the one I was enrolled in was only $100.
Wth kind of homeschooling are you doing then? Half the point of being homeschooled is that this stuff is taken care of yourself! You don't need some accredited diploma!

I just got accepted to a college (BTW it's spelled with an E, not an A) with no "official" diploma or anything like that. Just a transcript approved by my parents saying I had done  the work (which I had done).

Wth kind of homeschooling are you doing then? Half the point of being homeschooled is that this stuff is taken care of yourself! You don't need some accredited diploma!

I just got accepted to a college (BTW it's spelled with an E, not an A) with no "official" diploma or anything like that. Just a transcript approved by my parents saying I had done  the work (which I had done).
I have No idea about Missouri Laws but under Alabama State law you have to have a High School diploma or Equivalent to get into any college, I heard this from the GED instructors so I can't get you a quote on this, If you want I could try and dig it up.

What the forget, I love how no one even read the OP, This is literally my only option

1: i did read the op

2: no, it's not your only option. come up with something better (i.e. make an interesting project related to the field you want to be hired in), and put it on your resume. or, of course, do what you claim to be planning: go to college. not "collage", by the way. collage is a type of art, not a place you get educated at.

And the one honest question I answer I get jumped on people saying I dont know the math, When I scored a loving 193 on my practice test, Which is an A!

it's not impressive to know simple math, no matter how reliable you are at doing it

Plus I highly doubt your even 18 and your trying to tell me the way "The World Works"

if you ARE even 18 - with that grammar - you seriously need to get a tutor. your educator has failed you.

I have made extremely high grades

downs kids get high grades in special ed

What next?

depends. how much do you know about science and history?

I have No idea about Missouri Laws but under Alabama State law you have to have a High School diploma or Equivalent to get into any college, I heard this from the GED instructors so I can't get you a quote on this, If you want I could try and dig it up.

idk how you passed English if you capitalize random words.

idk how you passed English if you capitalize random words.

it's like he's speaking with partially german grammar where you capitalize regular nouns
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:12:59 PM by Juncoph »