Author Topic: Why do the predators on Dateline NBC get arrested  (Read 6792 times)

Prostitution stings are not entrapment because they are not leading someone on to believe the woman is a prostitute, the man assumes she is.

The way this dateline stuff works is that they are leading and baiting someone into believing this girl is under 13 years old (which she's not) which makes it entrapment.

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/08/18/judge-to-catch-a-predator-is-entrapment/

If you're going to call me out back it up, not with spam.
All i said was lol ok tony so calm ur lil fussie titties

Lol ok tony

All i said was lol ok tony so calm ur lil fussie titties

Lol ok tony

Are you done?

i get that they are trying to prevent rapes and kidnappings but cops dont put up fake speed signs and arrest people for attempting to speed. i feel its also similar to how they catch prostitutes
Putting up fake speed signs is considered entrapment because you are deliberately baiting someone into committing a crime unknowingly. Dateline NBC is different because their actors reveal their ages right from the beginning, and they're extremely careful not to instigate any loveual discussion. The fake teenagers are not coercing the creeps to lovet them, they're doing it by their own volition.

Ok tony lol

So you're done spamming? You basically derailed the entire thread when I was trying to keep on discussion.

Putting up fake speed signs is considered entrapment because you are deliberately baiting someone into committing a crime unknowingly. Dateline NBC is different because their actors reveal their ages right from the beginning, and they're extremely careful not to instigate any loveual discussion. The fake teenagers are not coercing the creeps to lovet them, they're doing it by their own volition.

Some people actually got off with  no charges because the judge ruled dateline as entrapment.

Some people actually got off with  no charges because the judge ruled dateline as entrapment.
All I've read about it is that Dateline was charged with entrapment a couple of times and acquitted. I'll have to look it up, since it's possible that one of their actors accidentally ventured into coercion rather than just playing the part of a normal teenager.

Right it's entirely possible dateline could accidentally lead to entrapment.

Even so, they still can't legally charge someone with attempting to have love with a minor if the child in question is actually over the age of 18.

Even so, they still can't legally charge someone with attempting to have love with a minor if the child in question is actually over the age of 18.
This was addressed in the first reply in the thread