Author Topic: FREE AVATARS!  (Read 28386 times)

I'm pretty sick of these avatars.
The text's grayish colors throw off the background colors, the shine looks boring, and they're so simple that they make me mad. I made one myself in less than two minutes. If roundheads weren't annoying enough, these are.
[image]
To tell you exactly what I did: I made a black layer, used a gradient on it (the gradient is the target-like thing), and put a shine and some text. The text effects I applied are showed.
Would The Worm like to make me an avatar? :D
Actually, I probably couldn't. My avatars take time and care. These do not.
@Gikon: That's a stupid point, then. Avatars should look nice, not so simple that they're annoying.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:10:04 PM by TheWorm »

Argh >.>

The text's grayish colors throw off the background colors, the shine looks boring, and they're so simple that they make me mad. I made one myself in less than two minutes. If roundheads weren't annoying enough, these are.
[image]
To tell you exactly what I did: I made a black layer, used a gradient on it (the gradient is the target-like thing), and put a shine and some text. The text effects I applied are showed.
@Gikon: That's a stupid point, then. Avatars should look nice, not so simple that they're annoying.
They maybe be annoying to you, but others seem to like them...Originally i just wanted to post those first ones i did. As i just got CS3 and i have never used photoshop before >.> (i used to use paintshop...)

[image]
Just because it's hard doesn't make it impossible. *Sits and waits for avatar*

[image]
Take your damn Midol and get over it, just because you have the need for absolute perfection, you don't have to douche all over Gikon's thread. The avatars are simple and aesthetically pleasing, and it's not weather you can do better, it's cause we either can't, or don't feel like it. So gtfo and continue to boast how sweet you are at Photoshop, because no one gives a stuff.

Ace

This one with the word "Ace" in the center. If you can, in the background, put "[BAN]" in faint grey letters that are larger than my name. Make sure it's in the background, though, and in the upper right corner.

Take your damn Midol and get over it, just because you have the need for absolute perfection, you don't have to douche all over Gikon's thread. The avatars are simple and aesthetically pleasing, and it's not weather you can do better, it's cause we either can't, or don't feel like it. So gtfo and continue to boast how sweet you are at Photoshop, because no one gives a ice cream.
What makes you think that being mad means I have premenstrual syndrome? And I'm not bragging. Simply put, I'm pissed off at the false credit he's getting. This is the kind of situation that happens when someone makes a bad add-on, people like the idea so they give it lots of credit, and then someone who knows what they're talking about comes a long and gets flamed. This man has stolen something from my avatar, which means I think I should be able to rag on about his.

Finally someone else who thinks the same way I do

Top fifth with avatar with "Shadow" written on it, and can you put Smpo behind it like in Coltens.
Change the green to sumtin else if you want :o
A dark red would look nice
Since you probably didn't see it >.<

unblock snot on msn :(

all you really have to do is have a background and apply blending options with a second layer with a whight base then make the fill option 0 and done and for the text she jsut used a comnination of opaquacy on stroke and outer glow blending options just as i did for my lightsaber styels and i do this all in photoshop cs2

Lord Pie would like to see an avatar please.

just chose which one you want or do you want me to custom make one

just chose which one you want or do you want me to custom make one
This is my request thread, not your. Please do not ask people if they want a custom one of your in MY thread.