0 (0%)
Props not being able to snap to building grids
4 (40%)
Shop employees demanding money while closed
0 (0%)
The severe lack of WATER PARKS!!!111
5 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Planet Coaster - Anniversary Update!  (Read 29624 times)

Have you boys found the merry go round exploit (sorta) which allows you to charge extortionate amounts for it?

If not here's how to do it

Go to the sequences tab
Put in 9 "spin fast" sequences
test and open for about 20-25 bucks
I haven't heard about this until now, I'll try this out when there's some new scenarios.

Anyways, I still need some input on what I should do with this segment of the go kart track.
I'm having some trouble figuring out what I want to do with this segment of the track.  I was thinking of either making it look abandoned or clean so I want your thoughts on what I should do with this part of the track.

I moved the bushes using the advance movement tool which can be toogled by pressing x.
Ya I know about that (should be the default moving behavior), but curving is still really hard to pull off imo.
And why not leave that segment of the track like it is?

This game looks great, but I just don't have the patience for it most of the time. I suppose I just lack the "vision" of what I want to make, so I just kinda meander ingame until I get bored.
It's actually a lot like Blockland; it can be tough at first so experiment with it by making crappy stuff until you've figured out how to make good stuff. Don't start with the sandbox, play through the career mode.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:25:20 AM by Wesley Williams »

Ya I know about that (should be the default moving behavior), but curving is still really hard to pull off imo.
That's odd, I haven't had any difficulties curving the bushes at all, unless I'm just talented at doing that.
And why not leave that segment of the track like it is?
Honestly, I'm going to keep the track the way it was before I've made it look abandoned.  I only decided to make it look abandoned just to experiment with no scenery collision.  I might make a different version of this park that looks abandoned when I'm done with this version of the park.

Honestly, I'm going to keep the track the way it was before I've made it look abandoned.  I only decided to make it look abandoned just to experiment with no scenery collision.  I might make a different version of this park that looks abandoned when I'm done with this version of the park.
Making one part randomly look abandoned would be weird. If the rest of the park has a nice well-maintained look, keep it all that way.

Making one part randomly look abandoned would be weird. If the rest of the park has a nice well-maintained look, keep it all that way.
What I meant was that I might make an entirely different version of the park that looks abandoned.  But, I'll complete the well maintained version of the park first.

What I meant was that I might make an entirely different version of the park that looks abandoned.  But, I'll complete the well maintained version of the park first.
Ooh that would be interesting, like a Six Flags New Orleans or Nara Dreamland situation.

Bump
I forgot to post an update on my park so here it is.

Last image is still a work in progress.

Bump again
I've made a lot of progress on my park since I last posted a update about it.  Here's a few screenshots that I want to show you guys.

Looks nice! The only thing bothering me is the ground texture- I feel like you should use grass instead for a more foresty feel. And perhaps add a hill or something around the wooden coaster so it isn't all flat land?

Looks nice! The only thing bothering me is the ground texture- I feel like you should use grass instead for a more foresty feel. And perhaps add a hill or something around the wooden coaster so it isn't all flat land?
Don't worry, there's defiantly some grasslands in the park and the first wooden roller coaster screenshot is built on a hill.  I just didn't take pictures of those areas yet.  I'll post more screenshots of those areas when I get back onto my computer.

Ok, here's some more screenshots of the areas I was talking about before.

Interesting, I can't tell to much from one picture but the green B&M hyper looks way too spread out. Those massive turns and helixes would only make sense if it's going very fast through there.

Interesting, I can't tell to much from one picture but the green B&M hyper looks way too spread out. Those massive turns and helixes would only make sense if it's going very fast through there.
It's going around 70-80mph on those curves.

It's going around 70-80mph on those curves.
????

How fast is it going after the first drop? Then it must hit the break run at like 70mph??

????

How fast is it going after the first drop? Then it must hit the break run at like 70mph??
After the first drop it averages around 60-70mph.  The break run is long enough to slow the train down to 20mph without high amounts of forward g-forces and vertical g-forces.