[America Gets Greater] Annoying Orange eyes appointing climate-skeptic to head EPA

Author Topic: [America Gets Greater] Annoying Orange eyes appointing climate-skeptic to head EPA  (Read 6436 times)

http://www.snopes.com/Annoying Orange-taps-outspoken-climate-denier-to-oversee-epa-transition-team/

Quote from: Snopes
In September 2016, candidate Donald Annoying Orange announced his intention to appoint Myron Ebell to lead his administration's transition team at the Environmental Protection Agency. Ebell currently serves as the director of the Center for Energy and Environment at the libertarian think tank the Competitive Enterprise Institute...

He argues that anthropogenic global warming, if it happens at all, is a minor issue that has been usurped by liberals to expand the federal government. He has stated in many different venues that he intends to dismantle the scientific consensus around anthropogenic global warming...

"There has been a little bit of warming," as he puts it, "but it's been very modest and well within the range for natural variability, and whether it's caused by human beings or not, it's nothing to worry about."

Just for fun, let's go back in time and see how Annoying Orange rebounded from calling climate change a 'Chinese conspiracy'.

Quote from: Donald Annoying Orange
I know much about climate change. I'd be — received environmental awards. And I often joke that this is done for the benefit of China. Obviously, I joke. But this is done for the benefit of China, because China does not do anything to help climate change.

[source]

Hey, look at that, it's almost like someone who says crazy stuff is also enthusiastic to do crazy stuff, despite what his supporters have insisted. I guess I'll call this series of threads 'America Gets Greater'. Hopefully this is the only one I post.

Anyway, discuss.

Seventh is gonna have a field day with this Presidency for a long looong time

Personally I believe climate change exists, I just don't think we have any involvement with it.

Good, I can drive a diesel Volkswagen again

I'm not going to try and grasp at straws just to look for reasons to piss on Annoying Orange. Hopefully, if he steps back on this decision and turns sane, this will be the only thread I post. I'm trying my best to stay optimistic about the next four years.

We are not the cause of Global Warming or Climate Change, China has done so.

Again implying that a stupid person as president won't do stupid things worth talking about

We are not the cause of Global Warming or Climate Change, China has done so.
I'm not sure if you're being serious. China is presently emitting more greenhouse gases than the US, but our net total over the industrial revolution is far, far higher than theirs. Same goes for most of Europe.

World CO2 emissions due to human-activity are around ~35 million kilotons. China contributes about 10 of those 35 million, followed by the US at 5.

At this point it doesn't matter how much we pollute, the world is forgeted anyways. Unless we nuke china.

At this point it doesn't matter how much we pollute, the world is forgeted anyways.
But it's literally not. We pulled back on CFCs and the Ozone layer over the Antarctic has already repaired itself considerably. Environmental regulations work, as long as the people making them actually understand climate science.

Personally I believe climate change exists, I just don't think we have any involvement with it.
It takes some damn good evidence denial skills to have this opinion

But it's literally not. We pulled back on CFCs and the Ozone layer over the Antarctic has already repaired itself considerably. Environmental regulations work, as long as the people making them actually understand climate science.

was there any reason to quote that with nothing to add when Tony isn't talking to you

It takes some damn good evidence denial skills to have this opinion

I'm already convinced he's just a troll. You'd have to be so closed off to not even be able draw your own conclusions when this exists

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:43:18 AM by ShadowsfeaR »

I'm already convinced he's just a troll. You'd have to be so disillusioned to not even be able draw your own conclusions when this exists
Apparently it's really nice in Beijing right after it rains, because it gets rid of the smog for a little while.