[America Gets Greater] Annoying Orange eyes appointing climate-skeptic to head EPA

Author Topic: [America Gets Greater] Annoying Orange eyes appointing climate-skeptic to head EPA  (Read 6426 times)

sure it is because it never happened
well, it could have if you consider how nearly every ancient culture across the world has a massive flood myth, and the existence of sea creature fossils high above sea level far off the shore of continents, and the presence of incredibly well-preserved fossil "graveyards" formed through catastrophically rapid sedimentation (volcanic eruptions aside), and the clearly rapidly-deposited strata of alike composition and age that stretch across different continents, and so on

geology and history that outdate the bible are in-line with the possibility of a massive flood. you've always seemed pretensiously ignorant so feel free to dismiss science just because it actually agrees with a religion, idgaf

Well it rained for millions of years but the Earth was also uninhabitable to the current forms of life we know.

feel free to dismiss science just because it actually agrees with a religion, idgaf
I don't need to dismiss science because there isn't a scientific consensus that the global biblical flood ever happened lol

I only need to dismiss the fairytale notions of looneys like yourself and planr

watch this all the way through please
stopped at the part where he was talking about science being "truths". lmao
Science is theory, and every theory is open to falsification. There are no "definites" just patterns in observation.

Though it's perfectly reasonable to be skeptic. Just, not reasonable to make largely impactful decisions based on skepticism.
Especially when on both sides of the picture, it's not harmful to use renewable, clean energy. But on one side it's believed to be harmful otherwise.

watch this all the way through please
also this
Not how it works. When you want to dispute something in science, you perform an experiment or gather a superior volume of evidence to falsify an existing theory. The guy who made this video is badly unqualified to do either. I'm sure there have already been a half a dozen people that have debunked each and every argument he's made, but it would take me way too much time to go through and do it myself.

There is no safe position in climate skepticism. People who deny climate change do so because they don't understand the science behind it.

Not how it works. When you want to dispute something in science, you perform an experiment or gather a superior volume of evidence to falsify an existing theory. The guy who made this video is badly unqualified to do either. I'm sure there have already been a half a dozen people that have debunked each and every argument he's made, but it would take me way too much time to go through and do it myself.

There is no safe position in climate skepticism. People who deny climate change do so because they don't understand the science behind it.
Steven Crowder is a moron. I doubt he does research outside of cherry picking and "arguments as soldiers" thinking.

Steven Crowder is a moron. I doubt he does research outside of cherry picking and "arguments as soldiers" thinking.
Potholer54 made a good response to this climate change video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEylCS6-hBE

Potholer54 is an excellent journalist who also works as a geologist, and I'm sure he covered everything he said.

well, it could have if you consider how nearly every ancient culture across the world has a massive flood myth, and the existence of sea creature fossils high above sea level far off the shore of continents, and the presence of incredibly well-preserved fossil "graveyards" formed through catastrophically rapid sedimentation (volcanic eruptions aside), and the clearly rapidly-deposited strata of alike composition and age that stretch across different continents, and so on
do you have any sources on any of this at all? I googled the thing about fossils being found inland and, unsurprisingly, the only relevant thing I got was a christian blog-ish site that does have sources for a few things it says, but not for any of the questionable assumptions it makes. for instance it says that the grand canyon has fossils in upper layers. ok, believable. but then it decides that the only reasonable explanation is a worldwide flood, and not, uh... the fact that the grand canyon was formed by a river. also it's only like 6 million years old, whereas the latest age of the mesozoic period was a whopping 66 million years ago. anything could've happened in that time, a worldwide flood is definitely not the only possibility
it also mentions the himalayas having fossils, but mount everest is about 60 million years old? not seeing any sources there either, but it's the best I can find. there's also this, which says the same things, and is at least hosted by scholastic and I'm sure they did their research

furthermore, this site says the flood would've occurred in about 2304BC, only like 4000 years ago. which is just not long enough for fossils to form

lastly, the world would not have yet recovered from such a flood occurring only 4000 years ago. that would've led to the extinction of every land animal in the world, regardless of noah supposedly having two of each on the ark. how could he have even had every animal on board, anyway? what about a galapagos turtle? an american bison? how did he feed them all for 40 days? and what about plants? land plants would've died from that as well, and I've never even heard of him bringing plants on the ark. even sea animals and plants would be so adversely affected by the extinctions of all those that live on land (and just the crazy huge change in ecology that would occur from a global flood lasting 40 days) that many of them, too, would die out
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:53:08 AM by Foxscotch »

Potholer54 made a good response to this climate change video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEylCS6-hBE

Potholer54 is an excellent journalist who also works as a geologist, and I'm sure he covered everything he said.
Yeah I'm watching it. Subbed.

geology and history that outdate the bible are in-line with the possibility of a massive flood. you've always seemed pretensiously ignorant so feel free to dismiss science just because it actually agrees with a religion, idgaf

this discounts so much stuff

floods are common both near rivers and near shorelines (it doesn't take brilliance to notice the tide, either)

man originated in africa, in one or a few groups. the culture of these original groups would've been passed on. if they thought floods, their kids would've thought floods.

floods aren't a very complex concept in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:53:47 AM by Juncoph »

aren't mass fossil deposits found across continents due to tar pits on pangaea or something

aren't mass fossil deposits found across continents due to tar pits on pangaea or something
Some fossils are found in tar pits, but marine fossil deposits are more closely correlated with oil and those are found nearby the fossiliferous limestone and salt deposits that formed on the remains of ancient seabeds. These seas were changed or eliminated in part by tectonic activity (Iaepetus Ocean) or a combination of both tectonic activity and climate change (Paleo-Tethys Ocean). Most mass fossil deposits are marine and come in some form of limestone or other sedimentary rock.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:01:24 PM by Cappytaino »