Author Topic: BL authentication keys make really really good passwords  (Read 6349 times)

I'm starting to think these numbers are just made up. duovirgin years what is that

Get on my level. My passwords are 32-64 character random strings including upper and lower case, symbols, and numbers. They're kept in a .txt file so I'm forgeted if someone gets their hands on it.
this is why you use a password manager and only remember the password to that, but if someone is able to access the .txt file you're forgeted anyways

I'm starting to think these numbers are just made up. duovirgin years what is that
it is exactly 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
im not joking
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 01:18:13 AM by TableSalt »

this would be a cool idea to see, like fingerprint scanners or some stuff
My phone has a fingerprint scanner that's so choosy over how exactly you orient your thumb, that I quite regularly have to try 3 or 4 times to get in. If fingerprint scanners replaced passwords I would be pissed if they still did that lockout after 3 attempts thing.

Admittedly my phones scanner is probably not the highest quality one out there, plus I'm trying to use it while holding it which can give you an odd grip.
But I don't think I would trust biometrics for most things at the moment.

It comes from Latin numbers. Duo (two) viginti (twenty) refers to the number itself, just like trillion (from tres, meaning three) does.

My phone has a fingerprint scanner that's so choosy over how exactly you orient your thumb, that I quite regularly have to try 3 or 4 times to get in. If fingerprint scanners replaced passwords I would be pissed if they still did that lockout after 3 attempts thing.

Admittedly my phones scanner is probably not the highest quality one out there, plus I'm trying to use it while holding it which can give you an odd grip.
But I don't think I would trust biometrics for most things at the moment.
There's actually a distinct legal difference between biometrics and a password.

The police can force you to unlock your phone via fingerprint/other biometrics, but they can't force you to enter a password in.

'IWASBORNINTHEUSA' gave me 350 000 years

How is this calculated?

if you put enough capital a's in you get a password that will take forever to crack