Author Topic: Rambo1220's not quite dead yet Dead By Daylight-ish server update!  (Read 1952 times)

well, it's been a while.

Last time you saw this was beginning of July, almost 5 months ago, school and my job and other things got in the way but I'm back in the "groove" and am really trying to get this thing done now as it's nearing completion.

I've made some changes purely to gameplay mechanics so it doesn't take me as long to push out, namely, the previous "phone mechanic" of clicking a set amount of phones that would spawn in random locations in each building that would trigger a rescue boat from the killer has been scrapped entirely. I still love the concept but I'm stuff at coding so I don't think it'd be doable for me.

otherwise, for now all that's left is general vegetation and detailing to make this area look gorgeous and pretty, it won't take place during the daytime but rather in the dead of foggy night so these screenshots are only daytime for visibility and comparison.

oh yeah, here's the progress I've made since I've started working on it again.

how it looked around July when I stopped working on it

as of now since I've started working on it agian as of November 19th

(not visible is a side garage added onto the main house, garage interior is not complete yet so I'll get back to ye when it is)

as you can see there's been some heavy additions, more trees, because, why the hell not? Along with more vegetation (which still isn't complete, got a lot more to add still).

There might be the addition of another building, not sure yet, if so it would definitely be a small one.

My goal is to have this out by December, preferably prior to my birthday on the 20th, so we'll see how that goal goes. Prior to I will be hosting test runs so keep your eye out for that announcement.

Aye man, this looks nice! Keep up the good work.

PS: I'm sofavan

nice nice
plant your trees better

nice nice
plant your trees better
they're my trees and I do what I want with them.

but I see what you mean, they're all clipping through each other but if I spaced them out it'd just look barren and you'd be able to see the ugly blocky backdrop. The goal was to give it a very dense clustered feeling for the forest, if it bothers enough people I'll see what I can do but as of now it actually helps with the atmosphere of the map itself (you'll see what I mean once I put up some screens of the map in it's actual environment at night rather than at day).

This looks nice, though the only complaint i have is the trees are all the same height which looks weird

You can still give it a dense feeling without placing a million trees. Use a variety of different height and thickness trees (would recommend Syl's trees). Make bushes and rocks, use different kinds of plants and grass.

they're my trees and I do what I want with them.
dat argument tho

dat argument tho
>:V

You can still give it a dense feeling without placing a million trees. Use a variety of different height and thickness trees (would recommend Syl's trees). Make bushes and rocks, use different kinds of plants and grass.
Y'know what I'll actually try that out, I'll leave the grasses alone because there's not really much for grass bricks, but are these trees the only one's you've made Sylvanor, or are there more you've developed?

oh and if anyone knows of a good bush brick type please direct me to it, I looked myself before I even started this build months ago but couldn't find much.

Yes those are the ones.

The bricks that are used to make trees in that pack can be used for more than just trees, such as the leaf bricks can be placed alone on the ground to be a large bush-like thing. I can't give you an example rn, plus it'd probably be very crappy, but I guarantee if you look at some of Syl's builds using those you'll see them in their full glory.

Use sylvanor's modular trees

downloaded the trees along with literally every other add on from them (really high quality imo), but the modular trees just don't fit the atmosphere unfortunately.

they're great add on's and I'll use them in the future for sure, but I need huge, tall sprawling trees like the ones currently implemented, modular trees on the other hand are a bit too short for my taste.

You could also try the modter trees, there's quite a few props including trees of various sizes, grass, plants, rocks, etc... https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=187620.0

As for the game mode hope to see it sometime soon. Good luck!