Music album purchase question

Author Topic: Music album purchase question  (Read 817 times)

In the future, I plan to purchase a music album and I want to know what program I should use to gain access to just the raw music files.

Currently, I know about but I'm not sure if they can actually extract (or convert?) the music as mp3:

Itunes
Spotify
Google Play
Napster

I'm fairly certain that iTunes can convert to mp3.

VLC Media Player can convert to Mp3

itunes is pretty reliable in my experience, cant speak on the other ones

Windows Media Player can just as well but if you jerk off over the idea of listening to indistinguishable FLAC files VLC will do that for you.

Sorry, i like my music high quality

But you're listening to mp3s and not lossless formats? Wowo lol :cookieMonster:

Windows Media Player can rip CDs in lossless .wav and (if you're a plebeian) mp3 just fine but I will use a program called CDex if WMP gacs up/can't read the disc properly. You have to type your own metadata tags with CDex though.

Welp I got every single one of the test clips wrong lol

Thanks for posting that

I used to be one of those FLAC jerkoffs until I took this. If anybody's skeptical I checked the source files and it's legit.

I used to be one of those FLAC jerkoffs until I took this. If anybody's skeptical I checked the source files and it's legit.

What's the quality of your headphones? I got 4 out of 6 on my cheapo $20 cans.

What's the quality of your headphones? I got 4 out of 6 on my cheapo $20 cans.

I'm not gonna take it again because I've already done it at least five times but with these (they were $120 when I got them !!) I typically get 6/6 guessing which isn't the 128kb/s mp3. I can't tell the difference between 320kb/s and wav.

I also run my headphones through a stereo which probably has a considerable impact on sound quality, but it gives my headphones boom and allows me to unplug them to use my speakers & sub without having to switch inputs which usually breaks sound on games.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:55:46 PM by Steve5451² »